People Convincing Other People To Buy Traitor/Detective

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by ThatAintFalco, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

This is honestly really frustrating when people keep telling everyone to buy traitor and detective and I feel that it is an unfair advantage for the innocents. Can we make a new rule where if people keep persuading for people to buy t or d then they will get slain or warned? Or, can we make it where only a certain amount of people can buy detective or traitor respectively? I find it really toxic when someone starts a thing where everyone buys traitor. Can someone give me their thoughts about this?

• Disagree x 14
    • Dumb x 13
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

HAhahahahahah no.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

There is really no point to add any rule of any kind to address this. Yeah sure you might get 6 people buying traitor in one round but those rounds are usually over very quickly. Plus, there isn't anything wrong with people enjoying themselves and having fun. 9/10 times this is a one and done thing. Same goes for large amounts of people buying detective. Some people even find this fun as it is a challenge even though you may lose simply to sheer numbers. If someone is really spamming "BUY T NEXT ROUND" over and over that is spam and can be resolved easily.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Pretty sure there's already a cap for buying roles (it's high but it's there). Only so many people can buy detective/traitor in a given round.
    And you're limited to buying the respective roles once per map per player.

I don't see the need to punish the behaviour.
    Less toxic and more just mixing up the gameplay a bit while not breaking any rules.
    Sure, >50% traitors is a tall order to play against. But the more lopsided the round is, the faster it will end.
    And it can only effectively happen once per map, as the people who are inclined to follow that call will do it...
    Only to be unable to do it again for the remainder of the map.

Non-issue imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

People just want to shake the game up and have a little fun.

6. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

I mean idc if a lot of people buy traitor or detective. What I'm really getting at here is that they keep doing it over and over again and it gets old. If people keep trolling other people into doing it, then it can lead into toxic gameplay imo.

7. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Everybody buys T on round 1 and they cant buy it again till the next map. Being each role can only be purchased a single time per map and the !rtv lock after its used it isnt an issue for more than 2 rounds.

9. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I just wanna point out that T has limits per map, but not D. Detective passes are dirt cheap and you can buy them round after round.

I'd say -1.
    Buying T rounds is incredibly limited, that round consisting of over 10 traitors will probably just be over in <5 minutes, no big deal.
    Buying D rounds is another story, but It does spice up the game, making being a traitor actually a challenge when you're up against loads of body armor and dna scanners. Also, It's pretty fun to see the guy screaming, "BUY DETECTIVE!" NOT be a detective, as a T round over-rided it

10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Fucking hell, learn to have some fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

For simplicity sake, let's use the implied definition that toxic gameplay is gameplay that malicious to other users on a given game server, ruining their experience. I don't see how such behavior can be exhibited through the given mechanics of the current system, even with encouragement. It's all in good fun, and for those souls who take it a step further and start rdming in such scenarios will be taken care of accordingly.

12. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

How to ruin sttt in one simple step

13. I mean you could make it so they buying traitor just forces the T round and still maintains the ratio of 4:1 instead of 4:1 + 1. I know it's possible because I've seen it implemented before.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i suggested this but it was locked and denied

15. Its funny when theres like 6 detectives in a round xd

16. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

I don't see the need for this tbh.

As mentioned by others, it's meant for fun. Sometimes the T's are overwhelmed and vice versa. It's a challenge to work together.
    Restricting this from doing it constantly would make the game a bit boring. You would have more long rounds than some quick ones.

Plus if we did restrict this, what would we use points on at this point after all the upgrades?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

I'm gonna rate this dumb, and comment it dumb too.

DUMB

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

And this is DUMB

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  19. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

:'(

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Seems like we exhausted ourselves out of material for genuine discussion on the concept in this thread, so I'll lock it.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.