PC Part Recommendations Help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Carned, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

@Carned the fact that this guy said AMD is garbage should discourage you from listening to his advice. THE 1600X is the new go to processor for gaming.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I'm an intel dude but im also not an idiot lol.

+1 to this @Carned , AMD is the top dog for the time being due to price/performance

3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Can you both just link the best

CPU
    Mobo
    RAM for my budget tyvm

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Santa Claus

CPU
    Mobo
    RAM for my budget tyvm
    464 euros. youll be able to upgrade your wam later to 32 if you buy that wam

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Carned

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Carned

That gives me about £110 or £210 more budget, any improvements you'd recommend within that budget?

7. Santa Claus

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Carned

9. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

AMD is and always will be garbage imo. It's for low-budget builds even then I'd go with a solid pentium g4560 . in all honestly the 6600k out performs the new AMD processor in single core performance whilst being cheaper. Yeah, granted it has more cores but what's the point in that when most applications and games aren't at the level where they can utilize them yet? He's building a gaming rig not a host which is going to be running multiple VMs where cores would need to be divided up man.

AMD chips have also been power hungry and ran hot, I'm not sure if this new ones different but basing my knowledge off past experience with them. I mean this isn't an issue as per say unless your PSU couldn't handle it but something to thing about. The heat issue

Not to mention the fact in my few years working in the IT industry i've had nothing but shit from AMD. Constant issues causing bluescreens that all loop back to being processor related. I've still got some old .dmp files on my work PC if you want me to upload them for your analysis then maybe you can see for yourself why they're terrible.

Yeah my opinion here is mainly my personal opinion on AMD but they have been a pain in my fucking ass for so long.

So dude please, don't try and discredit me when the only thing you've done is probably seen some flashy Pro-AMD article.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Santa Claus

Same stance, but I've got faith in this new one lol.

11. Daddy Nexxus

Well basically, I'm not here to argue. You clearly stated what you've wrote is just an opinion. I've been watching Ryzen since mid 2016. I stopped using AMD starting in 2011 and became an Intel guy. Intel is no longer the go to choice for gaming. From my research and experience with Ryzen, a long with many high profile reviewers and testers, Ryzen 5 is the go to choice.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

The items Supa suggested look great! As for the rest of the budget, I noticed that you might be considering blowing it on a new SSD, but what's the cooling like in your case? What case do you even have?

I find that sometimes on a computer, a few fans, a good AIO water cooling unit on a CPU and a little bit of overclocking (Which can be quite easy on some Mobo's) can vastly improve performance.

Maybe this is also something to look into? Maybe someone else can explain this a little better than I have?

13. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Isn't the Ryzen considered a "Jack of all trades" CPU? I heard it's great for streaming, video edits, gaming, etc

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Daddy Nexxus

Ryzen 7, yes. Ryzen 5 is more directed towards gaming/multicore gaming.

15. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

16. Santa Claus

Looks pretty good to me, the CPU should come with a stock cooler though!
    Awesome build for the cost.

17. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

oh apparently theres an RX 500 series
    should i just go for that

18. Carned

I have 3 regular fans and two on the 970.

19. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

I would consider maybe getting a couple of fans and an all-in-one water cooling unit for your new CPU, they provide excellent cooling and require no maintenance other than the occasional dust clean.
    Just make sure all vents on your case have a fan in basically, and make sure hot areas go out, and pull in from the front most probably. For example, in my case, I have my CPU radiator on the top rear going out, and the top of my case pulling out too, as that's a hot area, while the front and sides pull in.

Always make sure you have more air being pushed out of the case than pulled in, as something like 3 out and 2 in, means the 3 out are also improving the air flow on the 2 in, and pulling the extra air from any gaps on your case.

If you can do these simple tasks, you will easily be able to OverClock your CPU, thus improving performance at a low cost, without causing any temperature issues.

Maybe this picture can show it easier than I can explain it;

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Carned