PC build

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by BlueGalaxy, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

Mechanical keyboard is expensive product but will last a lot longer than your usual standard keyboard. Find a decent one around $80 or cheapest around $48. Any lower will result in a terrible mechanical keyboard quality.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

What do you think of this keyboard? It got a mouse included and on sale for $31 but it's just not mechanical.

3. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

Hey super cool that you are thinking about this. $600 dollars isnt a lot but it can still get you something great. If you are including a keyboard and mouse in this price I would just pick up a cheap combo from amazon like this one. It will work great until you need something better/can afford it. I will link you to this forum post that I made a while back. It is at a $1000-1200 price point but there is still some very useful information and it's worth a read. I get a ton of gaming pc knowledge from this youtuber and here is an awesome video for exactly what you need. I totally trust this guy so this is a good build!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

Checked the reviews and seems like a good product. I haven't used the product myself but the reviews show a excellent score.

5. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am a noob when it comes to computers. I only know like the basics of a computer and I am about to learn a whole lot more this fall because I am taking computer information at my college.

6. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  7. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Hey honestly I'd say this is a pretty good build, keeping it clean with the S340 and all that good stuff! There are a few things things I'd change though, I have no idea if some people already mentionned what I am going to say, I hope not!

First of all, I'd use a Power Supply with less wattage than the one you took but that could still support future upgrades on your PC, here's the one I would choose, it has been my power supply of choice for the 3 PC's that I've built so far except for one. It's cheaper than the S12G, has a semi-modular and all black sleeving cables system + it's Seasonic.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TgW9TW/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze

Secondly, I'd choose a mechanical keyboard over a simple rubberdome one as a previous poster mentionned, here's one I would choose if I was you. It has a red backlight that will suit your build, great quality switches (that will last a lot longer that a rubberdome keyboard key) as long as a great price, I wish it had a Wrist Rest though. P.S. Why not taking the black and red version of the S340 now?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dJbkcf/corsair-keyboard-ch9000088na

I'd also like to inform you that having a such high frequency set of RAM Sticks won't change that much your FPS in games (I assume that you will be playing on 1080p). Source (skip to 8:22 for average results):

That's why I would suggest you buying a lower frequency set of RAM Sticks like for exemple this one:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YBZ2FT/kingston-memory-hx424c15fb8 HyperX is gud, dunno about Gloway but you could check if they have warranties on their products etc..

Maybe you'll need those 3000Mhz of frequency speed but I don't know what it could useful for actually, if you only plan on gaming than why would you bother caring.

Finally, I'd like to point out that right now the Western Digital's 1TB Blue HDD is going for cheaper than the Seagate one.
    EDIT: Apparently not if you take the newer version of the BarraCuda, my bad and thanks @HyperStryker!

Me, yeah I suck.

I wouldn't do that honestly, I can already smell the Chinese Fried Rice from here.

It would be a crime to not buy a Ryzen CPU if you're building a PC right now :D.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Toest

Why would you say it would be a crime to buy a ryzen cpu?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

???

• Like Like x 2
  10. Toest

Smh what is wrong with me sorry

11. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

No problem ^^.

12. MythMe

MythMe VIP

@Toest as i understand (please correct me if i'm wrong) amd cpus generally use an older platform as again intel has a newer and better platform. As with ryzen when they show you those "stats", they have been tested with an intel based platform so that they get better performance. So basically you'll never be able to get those numbers shown to you

13. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

@MythMe What platform are you talking about? Interesting..

14. MythMe

MythMe VIP

Well LTT mentioned something like this. Broken telephone basically...

15. Toest

Not sure, worth looking in to.

16. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

I wanted to add some stuff to my post actually. Feel free to take the Brown Cherry MX's version of the Corsair STRAFE (I recommend you looking up on internet what are the differences between each switches), as long as some other RAM Sticks, for exemple:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3ZZ2FT/gskill-memory-f42400c15s8gvr

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/y8rcCJ/corsair-memory-cmk8gx4m1a2400c16r

etc..

I think that's about it, if you choose to do your PC my way it should something look like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/X2jsNN

Good luck building your first PC and have fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

This is my final build. Sir Lemoncakes offered his used 970 graphics card so I'm taking his offer on it. I should have my pc completed by August or September.

18. MythMe

MythMe VIP

If you bother to do one, a video of the pc getting build would be nice (y)

• Like Like x 1
  19. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

That seems fitting. I shall make a video of me making my first pc.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3