Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Carned, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Steven

Steven VIP Silver

I got the golden orisa gun

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I went with Lucio :sneaky:

for one of my most played heroes i dont do im him in comp christ i think i played 80% of my time b/t seasons 1-3

3. Sleepy

Sleepy sleepy head VIP Silver

excuse shitty quality and mic pls (we got a team kill)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. CorallocinB

I'm officially convinced the game devs have stopped giving a shit about the game's quality.

Everyone knew from the beginning they wanted to make this into esports. They had their proof of concept with the first overwatch world cup which sucked but worked well enough for them. Their previous two dev updates addressed nothing about the game's content. The devs are sick and tired of the players being trash and they're so focused on esports they even made an entire dev update for that. Im not saying "oh two non-game content related updates the game is shit" what i am saying is it's taking them how long to fix the following: 2cp (they spent 1 year looking at KoTH instead making it BO3 instead of BO5), the massive hitreg problems, the heroes who've gotten no care (mei, ana), and how mercy is literally a necessary support. In a game of classes and structure if one support character heavily outweighs the benefits of every other support character when you're also looking to "balance" the game as much as possible not only have they failed with that but worsened their problems. The final thing I think will happen here is they're finally going to look at how to change the game, but in order to help the esports scene rather than the general public who plays the game. They'll fix heroes to make things more exciting add more mobile abilities or make the top 100 just that much more better by focusing on their heroes or heroes that can heavily compliment them. Lastly, they regurgitated their first 2 events to have them star during the same period they ran them a year later. The only difference... "COMPETITIVE LUCIO BALL WHICH WAS BUGGED 90% OF LAST SEASON AND THE GAME MODE'S PACE AND HITBOXES WAS GARBAGE" and "OH LOOK YOU GET ENDLESS MODE OF ZOMBIES WITH SYMMETRA TO MAKE IT EVEN HARDER FOR YOU TO WIN SORRY NEW PEOPLE"

But worst of all at the end of the day, for competitive season #7, the rewards for the last 6 included a gif spray, a regular spray, a player icon, and competitive points.

It's now just competitive points. There's no gif spray or even a regular spray... at all. They have how many maps and they cant make a fancy little spray for us? Is it because of all of these reports they're spending 75% of the time doing??? If so where the hell is that report system they promised us and havent heard about since? Because they shortened the seasons by 1 whole month, the max reward isnt 3000 it's 1750 when golden guns still cost 3000. "We believe with your seasons being a third shorter than what it used to be it'll now reward you with half the points" what a :cool:s:cool:c:cool:a:cool:m:cool:

:vomit: Ending my life with this game tomorrow until they get better.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

solo q SUX
    :cool:

6. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ana getting a dmg buff?

edit: [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. CorallocinB

Is she? Ok about time they do something. Here’s a rare moment they realized they fucked up by nerfing her damage and revert her nerf.

No mei stuff!???

8. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Yeah I think nerfed biotic grenade + reverted rifle would look pretty balanced

9. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

[​IMG]
    so much for re-calibration LUL

• Like Like x 1
  10. CorallocinB

Well I gotta hand it to jeff

I just heard about this.

Mercy changes:

Instead of instant Resurrection, AKA she annoyingly flies into the enemy and flies out while rezzing her teammate without dying, her resurrect now takes 1.75 seconds to CAST. It is not stopped by getting damaged but it can be stopped via hacked, stuns, etc. She also moves 75% slower while resurrecting. This is also greatly restrained by the AoE of the resurrect ability if you dont know the aoe of the resurrect you could easily move away from the body and blow the time wasted on rezzing. But this nerf doesnt apply to her in Valkyrie form.

- Great idea I love this change but she's still a moth in the air which is annoying as all hell to hit. I thought Pharah was a bitch to kill in the air but then there's mercy moth. In any case, her rezzes will be less bullshit and she'll be more prone to dying. Any literally brain dead mercy mains will get fucked by this.

Ana changes:

aforementioned yesterday dmg from 60-70.

- This was needed.

Will this convince me to get back into overwatch? Do some more. positive steps though. I think ill wait until after blizzcon.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Also here's my opinion on buffing Defense:
    If you buff a defense to viability, they will incredibly obnoxious to take out.
    For example, the junkrat buff. He's not really OP, just really really really annoying to deal with.

12. CorallocinB

As is any good hero because if you dont have the counter they're difficult to kill.

The issue with mei is her entire character set was built around disrupting a slow moving team. Her walls are the perfect size for chokes most notably Temple of Anibus, Hanamura, or King's row. A lot of the door ways in this game have the same exact length as mei's wall.

So why is she so underplayed? I dont know if I told you about this, but the mobility the heroes of this game have now compared to 1 year ago is astonishing. Most hero has a mobile quick getaway which absolutely negates her freezing abilities or her wall which would normally cut off a player from the enemy team. She's a perfect hero to have in a 1v1 against about 75% of the hero pool, but in a team event she's only good to be a distraction which isnt much and to zone the point which only works for so long. As it stands, if the enemy team is running a mobile comp she's absolutely useless and the enemy more times than not does a mobile comp because it's harder to kill people who move faster or in three dimensions.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CorallocinB

• Like Like x 1
  14. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. CorallocinB

CorallocinB#1579 if you want to help me lvl my smurf

16. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

Looks interesting tbh. Looks like she has one chance to evade pursuit via her movement ability, but is super squishy afterwards. More or less a glass cannon. She reminds me of Zen in that she will work as a healer/dps hybrid. Mercy will likely still outperform her as a support though. As always, she will be stupidly OP in the test realm, then nerfed into oblivion before hitting standard.

Also, I welcome a healer that can potentially murder Genji/Pharah. I hate them both as a support main.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Its stupid that she has to recharge her healing, another DPS hero
    It should be the other way around: To deal damage with her discord hand she has to charge it up by healing teammates

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

That's a great idea. Doesn't fit with the character design, but way better gameplay wise.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  19. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

did a thing

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Im kinda stuck in the center of ELO hell this season. I know I can climb, just getting pulled down by incompetent DPS
    Anyone whod like to climb a bit and can do some good DPS, I main winston and rein, also enjoy off-healing a lot. Low Diamond range rn.
    #Kyül1959 hmu

• Useful Useful x 1