Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Carned, Mar 7, 2016.

1. GnarBear

GnarBear Professional Dingus VIP

So I'm confused, logged on today and I can still play the beta. Why is this?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

3. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Now that the beta is over. How did you all like the game? I personally loved it to death and cannot wait till it's official release.

4. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

Support Mercy forever............

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Huge fan. Will buy on release.

Favorite characters of mine were Junkrat, Roadhog, Lucio, McCree, Hanzo and Mei

6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

After playing 22 hours, 178 games, playing each class except for 3, during basically what was considered my finals week, I found those 22 hours more rewarding than any grade I would've gotten on my tests (primarily b/c my overall grades are fine ;)). Granted, some work needs to be done (Mei needs a major re-work) but outside of the little fixes it's so good. So good, that it's the first game out of the many I have played where I believe I can play a support class properly and effectively while still being able to do my major damage with an offensive class.

See you all in 2 weeks o7

7. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

why Mei?

8. Yatty ☄️

The problem with Mei is she's just overall no fun to play. For starters her main weapon the Endothermic Blaster. It does 25 dps with a fire-rate of 20 rps, which looking at isn't all that bad however it's the freezing ability that it has that makes this annoying. If she is freezing the same target for over 2 seconds they are frozen for a total of 1.4 seconds. She's very annoying to deal with if not taken out right away. Her LShift ability Cryo-Freeze and her Ultimate Blizzard is really what makes her for lack of a better term broken. Cryo-Freeze allows her to instantly engulf herself in ice while healing her by 150 hp over a duration of 4 seconds with a cool down of 12 seconds, oh and let me mention that this ability cancels out other abilities like Reinhardt's Charge, or Hanzo's Dragonstrike. She only has 250 hp to begin with and used correctly she pretty much never needs support. Her Ultimate is where she gets pretty crazy, she throws her little drone out and freezes a roughly 15 feet area, anyone caught in her Ultimate takes 97 damage over a 5 second period and if stuck in her Ultimate for over 2 seconds they are frozen for 4 seconds.

I feel it's more so she is slightly unbalanced and just overall annoying to deal with~

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CorallocinB

^ Except I think more so.

10. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

I got two but they were both horrible so I'm Happy xD

11. Yatty ☄️

Hopefully the release more skins after release. Some of the skins were pretty cool but there were some pretty bad ones as well. lol

12. CorallocinB

I was very disappointed that with the current legendary skins that you basically had two distinct skins and then two differently colored of one of the distinct skins. Though some different coloring may look better than the original I'd love to see some more unique looking shit.

13. Hyper ✿

Hopefully they don't release DLC's which include more heroes which are essential to gameplay, That would be a huge nono!!

14. Yatty ☄️

Generally Blizzard isn't that type to do that sort of thing. However they are known to reuse models and just retouch them and call it different. Hopefully we'll see new stuff on release day. They got a lot of feedback from the beta and I trust Blizzard to make the game better. Either way loved the Beta and I'd pay to play that again. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hyper ✿

:angelic:~Yatty: Blizzard Guru~:angelic:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

My mei fix is to allow her Shift ability to be destroyed like her normal ice wall, stops her being quite as annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yatty ☄️

Well honestly I'm fine with Mei's ability stopping other's abilities like Reinhardt and Hanzo. But still not a bad idea

18. CorallocinB

I'd say make it like that, but her shift ability has to have like a good amount of damage it can suck up but definitely something much less than Reinhardt's shield. Just enough so that if Mei is in the heart of enemy territory her shit will get fucked up instantly when she does that b/c of all the damage output the enemy should be doing to her shift ability but not so low that in a 1v1 against some weak damage output hero that it will still go down.

19. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

To be fair, other characters have invincibility abilities too, such as Tracers whoosh-back-in-time ability and Reapers whoosh-im-a-ghost ability

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. CorallocinB

Somewhat true. Tracer's ability is effective if done right as she can heal from that but not always. Reaper becomes invincible but he wont heal and is mobile. Then u have Mei who loses mobility but basically becomes fully healed and cant be damaged while healing.