Approved origins's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by origins, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. origins

origins Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    origins
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:20921399
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Was blocked as a detective by a player when all of us know that there's a C4 in the tower.

That player was subsequently killed by me with a shotgun to the face.

Whether or not he intended to do so, I can't truly tell, but he turned out to be a traitor anyway.

MangoTango should know the details; I believe he should have at least said something before delivering the ban, so that we can get a better idea of what was happening.

Honestly, no one would intentionally RDM unless they had some form of valid reason for it, especially not when there's a mod around. (What's more, the earlier RDM "offences" were largely unintentional, other than that one case where we had to deal with a kid with an attitude; MangoTango also knows the details for this other situation.)
    Evidence of Innocence:
    None.​

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The reason you were banned was because this was your third offense of RDM. Yes, you can kill if someone is blocking you in a single exit room and there is C4. However, you were in the lighthouse. On the lighthouse there are three exits; the player you RDM'd was only blocking one of them.

You could have left the lighthouse through either of the other two exits, called suspicion, and not have RDM'd a third time.

Your appeal has been denied.

Please feel free to play on our four other servers until the 24 hour ban is over.

3. origins

origins Member

Mango, in that situation, the beeping was going off rather rapidly (I'm poor at judging these damn things) and I had to make a judgement call when there was people both at the exit and behind me. It really couldn't be helped.

And really, no normal terrorist would knowingly walk into a place with c4 when everyone was already yelling out about it.

4. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

MangoTango, I have to disagree. Blocking a user in a situation that could be harmful is grounds to be killed. Especially when you're uncertain. If someone blocks you in the bottom of the elevator on Island do you look up and wait till the elevator starts coming down to kill? No. Same scenario for being blocked near a place with C4. The uncertainty. If the C4 had gone off we'd be looking at a whole different scenario right now with the person who blocked getting slain, so why punish OP?

5. origins

origins Member

On that point, I'd like to add that there was no disadvantage for the blocker, who happened to be a traitor, to have blocked all of us; he wouldn't have been slain for that since it was a traitorous action.

6. DocFox

It's not the same scenario because there are multiple exits. In the elevator, there is only one exit. The person was blocking them from leaving one exit, not all three, and that is why it is RDM. He had plenty of options to leave and the C4 didn't go off for quite some time after.

7. Zikeji

C4 is an immediate threat, regardless of how long it has remaining. 10 seconds, 45 seconds, 10 minutes. Anyone could waltz up and attempt to defuse it and fail. That would leave the players in the vicinity dead. This isn't an issue of how long it had left, the issue is the detective was in a dangerous situation, had to get out - most likely asked the other player to move a couple times, and when he didn't he had to kill him. When people are panicking they don't think about alternate routes, they're just playing the game and want to get out. And as @Highwon has said before, (not a direct quote) 'We don't want to punish people for playing the game.'.

Bottom line is - C4 is bound to go off at any given moment, it is an immediate threat. Since there's even the slightest chance if he had gone another route he would have died to the C4, the kill was appropriately justified.

8. DocFox

There was no request to move, just a walk up to a door, see someone there who might not even know about C4 if they were innocent and then gets blasted. He could have been a new player. I firmly stand by the fact that he RDM'd him. There were multiple exits; one of which was right next to him. He could have used them and been fine. If you have ears, you can tell when C4 is an immediate threat. If you have situational awareness, you can tell where everyone is; considering there were only about 5 players left and only two in the tower, he could have know where everyone was.

Let me put it this way. If I am being blocked into a room with multiple exits, I am not just going to go for the one that is blocked and kill the blocker; that would be RDM.

9. Zikeji

If he truly did just blast him without asking him to move and waiting at least 5 or so seconds then the ban was justified. And as I said, seeing as anyone could attempt to defuse c4 at any time C4 is always an immediate threat.

Also, seeing as I have hearing damage and can't always hear right, I find your statement offensive stating that merely having ears should allow you to hear if the C4 is a threat or not. A majority of people that are deaf still have ears.

10. origins

origins Member

Actually, as you have said, I was aware that there were people right behind me. I did yell out for the guy to get out of the way. Any bystanders would have heard me telling him to move; he didn't, and I did say "fuck it", and shot the guy in the face. Really, though, I did try to move backwards, but there were people behind me in that situation that didn't let me back at all; there were at least a few people that were scrambling to get out, with me leading the way.

Was there only 5 players left, though? I was certain there was more than half the players still around; there was 2 or 3 in the tower, and one was walking right into me as I tried to exit? I'm not too sure at this point.

Let's be serious, though: Going up the tower was potentially risky, since there was a traitor upstairs, and going down would probably take time to break the blocks to allow me to exit. Not that I had those things in mind at that point, of course.

And no. I wasn't counting on the number of seconds I had waited, but it was definitely less than 5 seconds. In my defence, though, it was a rather panicky situation... chaotic, even.

Oh yeah, is there some way I can view my offence history? There's something I want to check out, if it's possible.

11. Zikeji

In that scenario all your exits were blocked, so going for the closest exit that inflicted the least damage was the best option. If this is what happens I fall back on it not being RDM.

12. origins

origins Member

Uh. You know what. I'll just take the ban and leave it as it is. I don't want to get an argument started between you two.

13. DocFox

Okay, sorry about the hearing damage comment. You can still hear though, can't you? Would you rather I say anyone who can hear? It was a phrase, nothing more.

14. Zikeji

But clearing up misconceptions is fun. Sounds like MangoTango didn't hear you out to fully get your side of the testimony, which is something a mod should do - especially before banning.

That's off topic, refer to Origin's second to recent post here: http://www.seriousttt.com/threads/originss-appeal.7890/#post-65320

15. origins

origins Member

To be fair, I hadn't really spend much thought into my reply to the report. I'm not all that good at explaining myself most of the time.

16. DocFox

To be fair, I actually did get the full side of the story before banning. I was even spectating the event. Sounds like Zikeji didn't get the full story before jumping into this appeal; which is something a former admin and current developer should do.

17. origins

origins Member

......... Are you guys just making use of this appeal to get at each other?

18. Zikeji

You could have saved yourself alot of pain and effort if you had just explained what you saw and why you did what you did. Your story is in direct conflict with his story, forgive me if I'm asking for clarification and wanting to make sure the right thing was done - but the scenario looks like word vs word where neither side has presented witnesses.

19. DocFox

So now the moderator who did the ban needs to explain himself to the developer? I didn't know that I needed to explain it to anyone other than origins, which I did in game before issuing the ban and in my initial reply to the appeal. I wanted him to understand it, but that doesn't mean that you need to come in and get your own explanation of the situation. You can trust that I know what I am doing. This isn't my first ban appeal.

20. Zikeji

Considering he came here and made an appeal, you need to explain yourself to him again. I wasn't asking you to explain yourself to me, if that's what you think then you're mistaken.

But alas, this bickering is honestly below both you and I. I had fully expected you to be understanding and explain it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.