Origin Access

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meatball, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Meatball

Meatball VIP

Have any of you heard of Origin Access? Apparently just for just 4 Euro a month or 25 a year you get full access to some of the biggest games right now ( including Battlefront, Titanfall , Battlefield ). Considering that a game like Battlefield 1 is 60 euros , you can play it for over 2 years before having paid the actual price of the game. And you have many more included. I have a feeling there is a catch somewhere but I haven't managed to find one. What are your thoughts on this? Is anyone using it / do you plan on using it?

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I already tried this, and you need a valid CREDIT card in your name. It doesn’t take debit cards which is shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

most of the games are old

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I mean my debit card worked for Origin Access, didn't have any problems

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Meatball

Meatball VIP

You still have at least 5 currently popular games for just 4 euro a month, and I've read that they will be adding their future ones as well. It just sounds like a really good offer.

6. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah its an outstandingly good value deal just for EA titles alone such as Titanfall 2, Battlefiled 1/3 and 4 alongside the huge amount of indies on there such as Unravel, Rebel Galaxy, Banner Saga and Orwell.

Also the huge backlog of EA games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Dead Space are nothing to be shy about for like £4 a month you could play through most of the good new games in 1 month and then the older classics in the second month.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Meatball

Meatball VIP

For someone who's getting a new PC in a few days and I'll have no money to pay for games , this really sounds like an incredible offer . I'm kind of surprised it's so cheap tho so I was a bit distrustful about it. Definetly going to subscribe then

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Oh wow. I'm surprised by a lot of the games that are on here. Do you actually locally install the games or is it a streaming service like Playstation Now?

I think I'll try this out.

9. Meatball

Meatball VIP

Pretty sure I read somewhere that you install them locally and after your membership ends you just won't be able to play them until you renew it. Be sure to make an update here after you try it out..

10. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Will do. I've been wanting to try Battlefield 1 out on my laptop.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Only reason I have origin is because of Mass Effect. Fuck EA.

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  13. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Finally got around to subscribing yesterday.

Played some Battlefield 1. You just go to their store, click access, and you add it to your library as if you just bought it.

Honestly. There's no reason not to do it. It's incredibly cheap and worth it for Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2.

I do see where their money grab is a bit and it's with DLC. You can buy DLC for games that you are playing through Origin Access. Which- for BF1 was good news to me because I didn't want to pay for the base game AND DLC to have everything.

Some games- like Battlefront, include DLC with your Access subscription.

So overall, +1. This is a pretty great deal.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Meatball

Meatball VIP

Thanks for the update! My new PC just arrived so I'm surely getting Origin Access as well.

15. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

I 'm already subscribed to access.
    I have to say, it's an astonishingly good deal.
    Even if you only buy one of the games, it's still a lot cheaper to sub to access.

So many games for only 4€
    Even some of the newer 2017 AAA games.

Just try it out.
    Worst case would be that you loose 4€.

• Like Like x 1