[Opinion] Bad intentions while reporting players.

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by RaYm0nD, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RaYm0nD

RaYm0nD VIP Bronze

Sometimes reports may sound so simple that they could have been resolved or ignored in that moment where it happened. Like chat spam, "group trolling" and such. If people really were affected by these things, The forum would be filled with reports since it happens so often. Getting to the point to report someone for this is unnecessary in my mind. Many of these reports don't even sound like the OP cares about the action the person he is reporting did matters, It's just a way to get that person banned for OTHER reasons.

It gets to the point that people get 2-3 people to back them up, and don't get me started with the immense bias between mods and them. (Hurr durr lead admins to save the day with their super powers.) After 4 pages of nonsense, What's the result many times? The REAL intentions of the report, not for some silly PM or the matter.

gooby.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

Not really, most forum reports stem from one of these reasons:
    1. It looks good if you have a mod application open
    2. People are trying to enjoy TTT and would like to continue doing so without these people ruining it.
    3. It's all a conspiracy where the mods and the regulars team up to get players in trouble because they don't like them

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I roll a 32 sided die, whichever number it lands on I pick the person currently in that slot and report them on the forums

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ichikunjii

Ichikunjii Vous avez changé VIP Iron

I came from a server where the admins and mods were very active and very lenient. The community was pretty tight and if someone accidentally RDM'd the mod/admins taking care of the report would simply ask the player if they want the reported player to be slain. Usually they wouldn't care because everyone's just having a good time. Of course said people were all very close and we'd see the same faces quite a bit. I only report if I get the feeling it could happen again, for example Mass RDMers, unless they get Karma banned, I just report them so that we don't have to deal with it later. And I mean, reports should only be made if it falls under things according to this post.

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/before-filing-a-report.14607/

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Robust

Robust Active Member

A karma system could be pretty cool honestly and eliminate a lot of problems. It could easily detect mass RDM as well, and perhaps even reward players who play well with pointshop points.

You should make a suggestion thread for a karma system, would be cool.

7. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I think we already have a Karma system implemented in our servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeap lol

9. Robust

Robust Active Member

Really? I haven't actually noticed it. How do you check your points and all?

It should be more obvious, like tell you like [+10] Points for killing a traitor. etc. Players constantly with good karma overall should get rewards, too, if all of this doesn't already exist.

10. You can see your Karma next to your name when you hold Tab to show the score menu. For non-staff the limit is 600 Karma. If you go below 600 Karma as non-staff member your will get a 1 hour ban in that server. Karma resets every map.

11. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

The system is checked by pressing the tab feature. I also don't quite think that rewarding good karma is a great idea, since you simply get good karma by following the rules, and you get the reward of not having your damage lowered by a percentage for lower karma, also, there are moments where following the rules can get your karma lowered too, and this would mean that sometimes you get these rewards restricted for no reason essentially.

12. Robust

Robust Active Member

That's the point. Follow the rules, don't RDM, play properly and get points. People get points for AFKing, lots of people just go spectator mode and AFK. This is at least somewhat constructive to earn maybe 10 points (what you earn for AFKing, as well) vs. just AFKing on the server to farm points.

13. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

You get points for participating in fun rounds, something that AFK players do not get. Also, there are moments where following the rules can get your karma lowered too, and this would mean that sometimes you get these rewards restricted for no reason.

14. You got confused there a bit buddy, Karma points are the ones shown in Tab that decrease killing innocents or detectives as an innocent or detective and a traitor buddies as a traitor. The points people get from afk are points able to be used in Pointshop and are not related to Karma at all.

15. Robust

Robust Active Member

They missed out on a few points, regardless if they're AFKing overnight I don't think they care about fun rounds. Either way, I don't say stop people AFKing. I'm just saying, isn't having constantly high karma more point worthy than AFKing, which does earn points too.

And sure, then you just get the rewards next map or gain karma next round. No system is perfect, you can't really find flaws like that to criticise it. Whatever way you bend it, it'll always be a more constructive way of earnings points than AFKing.

16. Robust

Robust Active Member

I didn't get them mixed up, I'm suggesting to reward using points for pointshop for people that constantly have high karma, aka making a better use for karma.

17. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

So, I think my problem with this logic is at the point where we are rewarding players for something so unreliable as karma. Karma is a system where players get fully reset at map change, and get their damage reduced for damaging another player of the wrong team. This means that if someone rdms, and you're innocent, and you kill them, you lose karma. The karma system is unreliable enough that if you aren't careful sometimes, you can get a karma ban while completely following the rules of the servers. We already reward players for high karma by making them have normal damage, and punish those who dont have high karma by reducing their damage, and threatening a ban.

Essentially, if the karma system was more reliable, then this would be fine, but it really isn't. Fun rounds already give a large amount of points also, so much that doubling the amount of points per hour is more than possible than if you were AFK.

18. Robust

Robust Active Member

Honestly, 1 hour ago I didn't know you had a karma system (I see it's the TTT's default, I kinda forgot about that, I was thinking of something more... 'interactive') so I can't comment on how effective it works here, don't have a clue. I guess my suggestion is null and void if you think it won't work. My idea was generally just to reward players who play the gamemode properly, maybe this isn't the way to do it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I like your thinking though. I'd like to see more rewards for positive play myself, so if you think of a good solution, suggest it!

• Like Like x 1
  20. To be honest, the Karma System is really effective and could be considered the last option when the server is staffless. Because when servers are staffless the Karma System usually bans those who go rdm everyone and making the game unbearable. And also, to explain you more what @Graze means in a bit more depth, I will give you an example.
    Player A (Traitor) shoots Player B (Innocent)
    Player B shoots back and killed Player A.
    Player C (Another Innocent) shoots Player B as he witnessed Player B killing Player A
    Player B killed Player C when they were both Innocent.
    In reality, nobody rdmed, everybody went by the rules, but Player's B and C Karma decreased.