Operation of a disguiser

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Mr. Mojo Risin, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. So I go down the vent in TTT_bb_teenroom_b2 as a T. I toggle my disguise. I try to kill an inno. He calls me out by name (when I have my disguise on). I end his life as he is a menace to my cause but then I realize that my cover is blown. I can no longer operate under my name. Attached is a a screenshot. Would you say it's a server bug? Or Client side lag?

Attached Files:

2. If he saw you prior to you being disguised and then called the kos before mousing over you when you had your disguiser on, it would have shown your name. That's what probably happened here.

He saw you, turned away, you disguised and started shooting, so he pressed his KOS bind before turning back around, which led to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Could be that. As you can see from the screen shot I have full health meaning he hasn't hit me. Meaning his cross hair was not on me at the moment he called a KOS, Mr. Wright

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

evilshallwin has it right, this is a side effect of how ttt_radio works and trying to fix this would be very difficult.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I wasn't saying that this needs to be fixed. I was just very surprised because this is the first time I've ever seen it have this effect and was wondering if it was me lagging or just the way the game is.

6. It's just the way the game is. The game saves the last person you "moused over" for use in the binds as a variable and then rewrites that variable (either after mousing over another player/body or after a few seconds) for use when you call binds. That way you don't need to literally be looking at someone at the instant of calling out the bind for it to work, which would be difficult if calling a kos in a chaotic situation where players are moving.