Openwolfing-Meme or Viable Strategy?

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by RhazhBash, Mar 8, 2020.

1. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

So this is a tactic I've thought about for a while, but didn't get a good chance to test it out until earlier today. I haven't tested this tactic too much but from what I was able to do with it earlier the tactic seems promising. This post is more or less theory but it's a tactic I want to be able to test out more in the future.

So what is openwolfing? Sometimes in classic mafia/werewolf games one player on the wolf (traitor) team will play a lot more aggressively and not bother trying to stay hidden. At first glance it might seem like a traitor should try to stay hidden at all costs, but sometimes you need to get your hands dirty. You might not openly admit to being a traitor but sometimes you can hint at it or act like a KOS on you is valid.

Why does this help the traitors? If one player keeps saying/hinting they're a traitor then the innos are going to focus on them. This can be amplified if the traitor taunts the innos repeatedly to get them mad. The ability to use other player's emotions to your advantage is a strong skill to have.

Getting the innos to direct their attention to one player can be powerful. Imagine you're a traitor and your T buddy is doing this. If you act like you're hunting your teammate an inno might follow you without considering the possibility of you being a traitor. This lets you lure them where you want and kill them when their guard is down. The open traitor can also say they committed any T acts their teammates did to give them cover. They can even threaten their T buddies publicly to give the impression of them being innocent.

The strategy definitely has it's weaknesses. The main one is that as soon as the open traitor dies the strategy fails. If you're doing this staying alive should be your priority. As long as you stay alive you can keep talking in voice chat to get innos to keep their focus on you. This strategy is to help your T buddies so you have to act like a traitor in chat but play more defensively by either hiding out in the T room or using your radar to avoid groups of innos.

This isn't a strategy where you can just buy traitor and start the game outing yourself. You have to have teammates that you know can capitalize on what you're doing. If your teammates play normally after you start doing this, then you just outed yourself for no reason. It's also better to start doing this after you get called out instead of starting the round off doing it so you can get some early kills.

I'm curious to see if people can come up with more uses for this tactic or show themselves using this strategy effectively. It's definitely something to consider if you think you have no hope of hiding that you're a traitor.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

This requires communication and everyone knows there's none of that on sgm

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

so basically the "kill someone and say 'WAIT WAIT CHECK HIS BODY!' while you keep killing people" strat

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

This strategy is definitely viable and I've seen it used a few times before (works better if you're a popular/regular player on the server as people will recognize you more easily). The only thing I have to say against it is that since TTT is a lot more fast-paced than other "werewolf" games (like Town of Salem or Throne of Lies), it's a little bit more difficult to pull off, but equally effective.

Edit: Also, works best if you have a decently large number of T-buddies, like 4 or more

5. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

or sympathize with the innos and kill them quietly one by one without them knowing its you (bonus points if you get them to kill each other and stay alive) until a decent portion are dead then troll with the rest, this strat will be really fun to try out but may have serious drawbacks but the thrill surely will compensate for it

6. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

On seriouscraft I'll go into the T sniper area and take a couple shots so everyone is staring up there. Just kinda open it and let it close, being as safe as possible, while disguised. T-buddies now have 60-70% less attention directed at them so they can quietly pick people off

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Or:
    1. disguise yourself and walk into the t room in front of a bunch of people
    2. teleport out while theyre distracted by "theres somebody in the t room!"
    3. come back and throw an incend into the group

8. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Just explode the tester while under

9. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

Just as a side note if this thread gets popular enough expect to see a lot of bad players outing themselves as traitors for no reason. Easy target practice.

• Funny Funny x 1