Opalcraft: Community Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Opalium, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @Opalium where does the launcher save the modpack files to on my computer? I want to move them to my other drive if they're on my main drive.

2. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

In your Documents folder under OpalCraft.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

If we have The twilight forest now, can we build the portals or have only one again

4. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I built one by my base yesterday so regardless we have at least 1 ;)

5. veri

Updated the launcher again (4.5.2)
    • Will now prevent the game from launching if not using 64-bit java. If you're feeling frisky or it doesn't detect your 64-bit version, you can disable this behavior in the options under ingore unsupported java version errors.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Introducing
    Opalcraft's Open Market!

[​IMG]
    Area is still a WIP, it'll look better soon!

Let's get to business!
    The open market is a new area located at the world spawn that is dedicated to both player-ran and server-ran shops!
    You can set up a shop, put items up for sale or buy items from others - all in the convenience of a central and easily reached market.

The market is divided into different plots of different sizes, which you can purchase access to. The bigger the plot, the more expensive it is! There is also a special VIP area with extra-large plots that are much closer to the entrance for better visibility - for a higher price, of course.
    Once you purchase a plot, you are free to build and design your shop inside it however you wish! It's completely up to you. And if you don't want it anymore, you can sell it to another player!

Opalcraft Schmeckles
    (Named by @Zack, obviously)

With the introduction of the Open Market and shops, we are introducing a new standard currency to the server: Opalcraft Schmeckles, or OS in short.
    This currency comes in the form of coins, much like you'd see in MMOs and all kinds of RPGs. There are three coin types: Bronze, Silver, and Gold, where each tier is worth 100 of the previous tier (i.e. Silver = 100 Bronze and Gold = 100 Silver).

[​IMG]

And how do you earn OS? It's simple: fight! Mobs around the world of Opalcraft will drop coins as they die, allowing you to gain some cold hard $. These coins are automatically counted into your balance, which you can always check by using the command /bal.
    Of course, you can also send money to other players using /pay. Don't forget you need the coins with you in your inventory!

Vending Blocks
    For setting up your shop, we now offer a special new block, which acts as a simple yet powerful shop: The Vending Block!

[​IMG]

With the Vending Blocks, you can buy, sell and trade items with anyone! You can choose any option for the item to buy or to sell - whether it is coins or other items. Everything is under your control!
    There is also an advanced version that allows you to buy any item even if you don't have it, and a multiple version that allows you to sell multiple items at once. And the best part? They come in a variety of colors, so you're guaranteed to find one that fits your build.

The Spawn Town
    The spawn town, located at the other side of the spawn, is an area dedicated to various NPC shops that me and the staff will set up. Right now it's still a WIP, but you can already see one of the NPCs that will reside there: the Blacksmith.
    More details about this area soon, after we are done preparing everything!

Other News
    We now have a Dynmap page, where you can see a live map of the world and chat with the server directly from your browser:
    http://mc.opalium.net:8123/

=======================================================

Apparently, you can now join NASA in Opalcraft! There's a neat little area right next to the spawn that someone has built, which offers you a free, all-expense-paid trip to space! I wonder what could that be all about?

Bug fixes! Because you can't live without those these days.
    You can see the current known bug list and report new bugs here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SNN-xzu1OcGIYQiAka2sS_-0b5txeeuEs6s3Mfw19_Q/edit?usp=sharing
    (I'm still filling up the list, so don't panic if it's empty atm)

If you enjoy Opalcraft, please help me keep it running by donating so I can pay the hosting bills:

[​IMG]
    Paypal

[​IMG]
    Patreon

That's all for now! Enjoy Opalcraft.
    ~Opalium

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

/deposit *?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cash

Ant and excalm are using teleporter turrets to tp people into claims from spawn just to kill them :((

9. Gay

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. veri

[​IMG]

11. Tah, all works fine now.

12. Hey everyone,

I was wondering if we could add a couple of mods that I noticed were missing from this pack. First I'd like to suggest the translocator mod, essentially a translocator is a way of moving items and liquids short distances between containers. While we do have mods with the same functionality the translocators are able to be modified in a way that keeps a specific amount of an item in a chest at all times. For example, I could have an ender chest that fills itself with resources from a storage system with specific quantities. There are plenty of practical use cases where one wouldn't want the inventory of a block to be filled to the brim with all of one type of material. This could also be used with sequential fabricators to ensure that one type of resource doesn't fill the storage area preventing other required components from reaching the inventory.

The second mod I wanted to add was Computer Craft. Computer Craft adds programmable computers that can do almost anything from controlling a nuclear reactor to acting as a passcode lock for an iron door. There are many scripts that already exist and it is easy to make new ones with basic Lua knowledge. Computer Craft also has many integrations with mods which allows for even more possibilities. Almost anything can be automated through the use of Computer Craft.

The third and final mod that I want to suggest is Nuclear Craft. Yes, I know that we already have Extreme Reactors but Nuclear Craft is a more semi-realistic version that introduces fission and fusion reactors.

Edit: A fourth mod that would be great is MalisisDoors. It's a purely cosmetic mod that allows for custom door animations and doors that can be built out of any material. Give it a look!

Edit 2: I don't think we would need Computer Craft since I was informed that we have OpenComputers which is very similar. I think that OpenComputers looks promising and will try it out.

I'd love to hear your input below!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Walker

Walker Hell yeah VIP

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  14. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Yikes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I'm having an issue with freezing ingame - it's pretty annoying - and I am hoping someone here might be able to explain why, or offer a suggestion to fix the issue.
    The Issue:
    Every 5-10 minutes my game freezes for a length of 5 to 30 seconds.​

17. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. VIP

@The Law it's the ram clean up. not the right word for it. you need to give the java more of your system ram.

18. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I'm giving it 6 GBs for the maximum setting in the launcher.

19. Cash

I get it at times too, got 8gb set

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.