Opalcraft: Community Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Opalium, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witchking

Witchking VIP

Scammed

• Old Old x 1
  2. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. VIP

Ye can we launch the server and the noobs can join us when the launcher is ready?
    I hope you are planning on releasing the mod pack and not forcing all of us to use the launcher?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Lmao, forge 1.12 refuses to work on my PC unless it's in a pack so rip

4. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

i got 2000 words to write for tomorrow so imma be a few days late lol

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Darragh

Darragh VIP

F

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

Alright guys, we're ready to go.

You can download the launcher >>>> by clicking here <<<<

The server should already be in your server list in-game, but if it's not, the IP address is: mc.opalium.net
    If you have any issues with the launcher, please message me. I'll be releasing updates to allow ViveCraft to work within the next few days, hopefully.

There's a whitelist on right now so Opalium can figure out a few minor things. After that it'll be live.
    Sorry for the delay.

The launcher stores game files in
    Code:
    C:\Users\You\Documents\OpalCraft
    It's based on the SKCraft launcher and has the ability to download updates to itself, should you choose to install them.

Thanks
    Veri

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Lordyhgm

never have i ever had so many virus warnings veri ,':>

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I only got one. Rip u guys. Go Veri!

9. veri

Chrome is gonna cry because it's a JAR file and it's been downloaded maybe 5 times. It's no surprise it's not "trusted".
    If you want the source to compile this yourself then I will give it to you. All you need to is ask and have the know-how to do so.

10. Lordyhgm

nah i'll just watch, chrome, mcafee, windows, and god knows what else cry as i open it

11. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

12. Noob999

well you have to it's LGPL :p

13. veri

I updated the download link to Opalium's link. @ http://mc.opalium.net/opalcraft_launcher.jar

Do note that if you do decide to not go with our launcher, and we update the pack for any reason, you will have to manually re-download the pack to play again.
    A big reason why we wanted this launcher is so that you wouldn't have to do this, since updates are downloaded automatically.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  14. Lordyhgm

I've encountered a slight problem, could I please be whitelisted xD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Noob999

16. Opalium

We are live!
    Address:
    mc.opalium.net

[​IMG]
    Let me know if something is missing/not working (preferably on Discord).

Some notes:
    • Launcher:
      • The launcher we made features auto-updates to the modpack as well as a simple, 1 click installation of everything. Just drop it somewhere in your computer, press play, log in and that's it.
      • The launcher (and the mods in the pack) require Java 8 64bit. Other versions like 10, 9 or 7 or any version that is not 64bit is very likely to cause problems or not work at all. You can download it here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html (If you're on windows, choose the Windows x64 version at the bottom)
      • All the pack files are saved to "My Documents/Opalcraft".
      • There is no Vivecraft support yet for the launcher, we're still working on it. If you want to play in VR at the moment, you will need to install it manually.
    • Chat:
      • We have two chat channels in each world: Local (/l), which is limited to those around you (around 40 blocks distance) and Global (/g) which is for the entire world.
      • There's going to be a universal one as well soon. Working on it.
    • Currency and shops:
      • The server currency is Gold Nuggets (the item). Every nugget is equal to 1 unit (G). This means, obviously, that a gold ingot is worth 9 Gold, and a gold block is worth 81 Gold.
      • This currency can be used to trade with other players. You can also set up shops using the Sign Shop system we have. I'll have a guide ready soon.
      • There is currently no way to trade with the server, only between players. There are also no server shops.
    • Homes:
    • Claims:
      • Claims are managed with GriefPrevention. It's a well known system and most of you probably know it at this point.
      • You can see the list of commands and other details here: https://ore.spongepowered.org/blood/GriefPrevention/pages/Commands
      • Remember: claims in GP cost claim blocks. You get more of these the more you play.
      • The first chest you place down will claim the area around it!
    • Performance:
      • We're on a much stronger server machine time, so worldgen and other things shouldn't lag at all. However, if your ping is high, you may suffer from some connection lag on your end. Don't panic, this should settle down eventually as people settle down in their bases.
      • It's highly recommended to have at least 4GB of RAM. The pack can run with only 2GB, technically, but it will be prone to crashes and could stutter a lot.
      • I've included a bunch of performance mods in the pack. It should hopefully make it perform better on lower end machines.
    • Other:
      • Please don't panic if something doesn't work. I'll be taking care of those things as soon as they pop up.
      • Don't hesitate to ask for help in the #Opalcraft channel in our Discord. It's also the best way to get hold of me.
      • Join the others on voice! It's more fun like this.
    Enjoy Opalcraft! :love:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. Opalium

If you're getting the following error when launching the game:
    Code:
    The game is running. Please wait.
    Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
    Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx4G
    The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
    Process ended with code: 1
    Please make sure you have Java 8 64bits installed. Not 32bit and not any other version (10, 9 or 7).
    You can find the download here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
    It's also recommended to uninstall any other version of Java to make sure they don't take priority over the right version.

18. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

i got this
    To report this error, provide:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException
    at com.skcraft.launcher.bootstrap.HttpRequest.returnContent(HttpRequest.java:199)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.bootstrap.Downloader.execute(Downloader.java:75)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.bootstrap.Downloader.run(Downloader.java:42)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.JAXBException
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 4 more
    #confusing

19. Opalium

Do you have Java 8 installed? This error usually shows up on Java 9 or 10, which doesn't work for our server.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Are there any other "item sorting"/"move all" type mods besides Quark in the pack? I tried Quark and it works great but it's not compatible with some of the modded storage chests/crates.

Edit: I did get around this by installing inventory tweaks client side (compatible with all the different storage stuff).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.