Opalcraft: Community Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Opalium, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

[​IMG]

===================================================
    Opalcraft v1.1 is now live!
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/posts/516757
    Help me pay the hosting bills!

[​IMG]
    Donate through PayPal

[​IMG]
    Support through Patreon
    Opalcraft is a personal project and is not affiliated with SGM
    ===================================================​

Hey everyone!

The new Opalcraft server is now up and running! We are playing with the new custom modpack we curated (with your help), on a fresh new server. We have over 25 regulars players at the moment, and everyone else is welcome as well!
    • Version: 1.12.2
    • Modpack: Opalcraft Modpack (Click here for the list of mods)
    • Available worlds: Survival, Creative (temporarily disabled)
    • Vivecraft support for VR players

The server information and setup instructions are below. They are also available in the Discord channel I made for us on the SGM Discord (#Opalcraft).

Features
    • Over 40 Technology and Industry mods, including: Tinker's Construct, Industrial Craft 2, EnderIO, Thermal Expansion, Draconic Evolution, Forestry (+Binnie's extras), Immersive Engineering, Actually Additions, Applied Energetics, Refined Storage, Extra Utils 2, Mekanism, RF Tools, ProjectE, Project Red, OpenComputers, Flux Networks, Botania, Mystical Agriculture, and many more!
    • The most popular magic mods: Thaumcraft, Botania, Blood Magic and more!
    • Full-sized exploration mods: Twilight Forest, Erebus, Galacticraft, and NetherEx!
    • Over 30 new mobs and animals with the mod Mo' Creatures!
    • Late game weapons and equipment with Avarita, Overloaded and Draconic Evolution!
    • Randomly-generated dungeons!
    • Many decorations and building mods, including Chisel, Decocraft, Not Enough Wands, Bibliocraft and more!
    • Player-ran economy with Currency, player-run shops, the central Open Market, NPC shops, and more!
    • Dozens of QoL mods, tweaks, improvements and optimizations: Inventory tweaks, mouse tweaks, crafting table tweaks, RandomPatches, OptiFine, BetterFPS and more!
    • Play with other players you know from the community and some new faces too!
    • Soon: PVP arenas, mini-games and more!

Server Address:
    mc.opalium.net

Live map and player list:
    http://mc.opalium.net:8123/

How To Play:
    Make sure you have Java 8 64bit installed. Other versions will not work!
    1. Download the launcher: http://mc.opalium.net/opalcraft_launcher.jar
    2. Press "Launch..." and log in with your Minecraft account.
    3. That's it! The launcher will take care of everything else automatically.

Rule(s):
    1. Don't be a jerk. We're here to play together and enjoy the game. Don't ruin the experience for others.
    2. Claim your areas. Both in Survival and Creative. We cannot refund people who lost stuff because they left their area unprotected.
    3. Do not abuse bug/exploits. They should be reported immediately to one of the staff members. Breaking this rule will result in a severe punishment.

Notes:
    • Launcher:
      • The launcher we made features auto-updates to the modpack as well as a simple, 1 click installation of everything. Just drop it somewhere in your computer, press play, log in and that's it.
      • Opalcraft requires Java 8 64bit. Other versions like 10, 9 or 7, or any version that is not 64bit will not work at all. You can download it here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html (If you're on windows, choose the Windows x64 version at the bottom)
      • All the server files are saved to "My Documents/Opalcraft".
      • There is no Vivecraft support yet for the launcher, we're still working on it. If you want to play in VR at the moment, you will need to install it manually. You can contact me for help with this!
    • Currency and shops:
      • Opalcraft features its own physical-currency, Opalcraft Schmekles, which can be used to trade with other players, run your own shops, and more.
      • More information here: https://www.seriousgmod.com/posts/518059
    • Claims:
      • Claims are managed with GriefPrevention. It's a well-known system and most of you probably know it at this point.
      • You can see the list of commands and other details here: https://ore.spongepowered.org/blood/GriefPrevention/pages/Commands
      • Claiming is done with a Golden Shovel. Check the link above for more information.
      • Remember that claims in GP cost claim blocks. You get more of these the more you play (100 blocks for every 1 hour of gameplay).
      • The first chest you place down will automatically claim the area around it, to help you more easily build your first base!
    • Homes:
      • You set up to three homes and can share them with others by adding them as residents. They can then teleport to it as if it was their own. You can also request to visit other's homes (ask to teleport to them).
      • It's all done through the /home command. You can see the command list here: https://ore.spongepowered.org/Katrix/HomeSweetHome/pages/Commands
    • Performance:
      • The Opalcraft mod pack includes many optimization mods that should help the game run better. It's worth getting into the game settings and tweaking things around until you find what's right for you.
      • Turn off Mipmaps!! It is known to heavily impact your FPS and game performance.
      • It's highly recommended to have at least 4GB of RAM. The pack can run with only 2GB, technically, but it will be prone to crashes and could stutter a lot. Allocating more than 4GB of RAM, if you have them, is highly recommended (8GB should be enough in most cases).
    • Other:
      • If you need help or guidance, just ask! The staff and the players are more than happy to help new players find their path.
      • Bug and issues should be reported here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SNN-xzu1OcGIYQiAka2sS_-0b5txeeuEs6s3Mfw19_Q (Click the "Bugs and Issues" sheet at the bottom)
      • Please don't panic if something doesn't work. I'll be taking care of those things as soon as they pop up.
      • Don't hesitate to ask for help in the #Opalcraft channel in our Discord. It's also the best way to get hold of me.
      • Join the others on voice! It's more fun this way.

Who else is playing:
    This is not a whitelist! The server is open for everyone, even if they are not from the community.

If you have any questions or issues, reply to this thread or ping me on the Discord channel.
    See you in-game!

Stay awesome,
    ~Opalium

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

How do I get optifine to work with vivecraft nonvr? Im kinda a noob in terms of ftb. @Opalium

Edit: Just copy your shaders from nilla mc over to ftb. I figured it out.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  3. Penius

Penius Aye man, you're shaking it all wrong VIP Bronze

Im also gonna play this, you can add me as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

You KNOW I’ll be trying to get in on this, but I’m out of the country with garbage internet for the summer... I’ll still be trying on weekends most likely though.

Of course if there’s small plugins you guys need I can try to hack stuff together here and there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Robyn

Suggestion: add Essentials (Plugin). It is the most widely used plugin in minecraft and has stuff like nicknames and such. Im assuming you already installed it but if not then please add it.

6. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

Mate, why did my Antivirus-program block a suspicious file right after I downloaded FTB_Launcher.exe? :> :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Opalium

We have Nucleus Essentials, which is pretty much the same. That should do the trick.

Probably a false positive. That's the official launcher from FTB's website. You can try getting the alternatives here: https://www.feed-the-beast.com/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

I'd be down to play. One possible mod would be blood magic.

9. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

I'll probably check it out soon. Hopefully it won't lag so much as the last mod pack I tried.

10. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

Ill probs give it a go. Give me something else to play :p

11. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

Damn, I forgot my password! I'll join tomorrow :p

12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

im in

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  13. Robyn

This thread should be stickied.

14. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

Sign me up. I'll be down to hop on when I can

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

Count me in, btw :) :p

16. Opalium

We're live.
    Address: mc.opalium.net

Please don't panic if something doesn't work properly at first. I'll be monitoring things and figuring out any issue.
    Also, join the voice channel on the Discord! #Opalcraft-Voice

17. Opalium

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

@luna♥ kicking ass already

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Add xproplayer and thwhodini to the whitelist, me and my homie will show up and show you kids how to play some minecraft.

20. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

If only it was Direwolf20 1.7.10 D:
    No witchery, thaumcraft, or blood magic in this version :(

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.