ocean man

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by john redcorn, Feb 25, 2017.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I think adding a form of 'underwater' breathing may promote new combat options based off the map.

I can see two ways it can be added:

'Ocean Man' perk: Every upgrade to this perk would allow a player to stay under water for x percentage longer before taking damage

'Ocean Man' scooba gear: Buyable in the credit shop, allows a traitor(maybe detective too?) to stay underwater for x percentage longer.

On maps with lots of water (albatross, ttt_roy_the_ship, island, community pool) the ability to breathe underwater allows hiding in plain sight, and allows traitors to get creative with sniping positions.

Thoughts?

• Like x 14
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Ohh thats interesting and clever, I might try to code this sometime.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Salem

Salem VIP

+1 death by mermaid

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

+1

i also want ocean man as end round music

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

+1

i also want ocean man as end round music

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I dunno, seems like there wouldn't be many times to use this perk, and it's not that practical on a majority of maps

Not sure what "combat options" come from this:
    [​IMG]

Even disregarding the lack of bodies of water on maps (even on Island, most of the water is death), you'd still have to note that above the surface is distorted, and the distance you can see in the water is hardly any at all

Seems unnecessary to implement :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

i agree with Python, can't really see any good coming from this, maybe if water was clear it would but water is not clear so this would not really be that helpful. If we had a map that had clear water then +1 but with our current maps for sure a neutral.

• Like Like x 3
  8. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

The visibility does kind of counter any argument for sniping. Still would have a decent use on Roy the ship with the ability to more or less play shark with it as a traitor, albatross and Minecraft b5 too.

As for it being a situational thing, our server already does support situational map based gameplay. The credit shop items can be seen as very situational with the Newton launcherbnd the binoculars, but the items do benefit gameplay based off map. I do understand we did not add these items in as custom content, but they still are part of our shop when an item like the poltergeist was removed. Same can be said about this, but with a perk.

9. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Maybe a meter showing how much air you have left?

10. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

The way I see it, all of these perks can be used on any map
    [​IMG]

Most maps, to my knowledge, have props and ledges, as well as places a body could be unidentifiable. Not to mention that these are hardly ever used to begin with, so I'd argue why players would purchase Scuba Gear
    However, you are correct in that the map sometimes dictates strategy used, but breathing underwater has never come to my mind as one of them

I'll remain neutral but I don't see this happening :unsure:

11. wagwan

wagwan VIP

I think this could create a lot of new T strategies. +1

12. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

I'd buy it just to out live the water trap on 67thway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Shepsky

Shepsky Active Member

+1

This would solve the problems I'm having with the design of my level, but on other part... water traps will lose it's sense. I still like the idea.

14. +1 for the suggestion and +1 for end music

15. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Great place to hide if you have the perk and you're made when you're traitor.

16. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

A lot of people hide in the water on Roy and snipe with Dragnuv, +1.

17. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Ocean man take me by the hand

Oh and this perk has no use on 85% of the maps so why should it be worth buying

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1