Answered Not KoSing someone considered GBA?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Jässa, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

A player is considered GBA if they are found to be witnessing players committing Traitorous acts and not attempting to take action against said players (KOS/attack them), as long as the situation gives them a reasonable opportunity to act.

This specifically mentions if I do not attempt to KoS someone when possible, im legible for GBA, is it supposed to be like this?

For example: Player A and Player B witness Player C test in 67th way from start to end. Tester turns red and Player C gets teleported out and Player B types "KoS Player C" in chat but sees Player A made no attempt to KoS Player C and just ran away like nothing happened. Can Player B go kill Player A for GBA as Player A had plenty of time to KoS(as Player B did) but he didnt even attempt it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

I'm going to go with no on GBA for that example as the t is gone and player may not know who was in. Plus we try to avoid forcing people to type as it can often get you killed. Not everyone has a mic

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jässa

Thats a completely different long discussion/topic but someone being in a disadvantageous spot because they do not want to have a microphone/talk in game should not be my problem when it comes to a game like TTT where information is a big part of the game.

4. .shirt

.shirt VIP

I dont think he can be considered gba as where alot of times people can forget who is in the tester.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

The main reason it's not GBA is the T is gone and other may not know who it was . There for they can do nothing
    The second part about typing was something that contributed towards the removal of GBA based on nearby c4

6. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

The tester would be considered as an unbreakable window in this case, which means you will have no line of sight and will be unable to see the players name to call a KoS, so GBA does not apply in this specific scenario as the traitor teleported out.

7. Jässa

He had full knowledge of who was in the tester, I do not know how many times I have to repeat Temar. For forgetting part, so what? If I forget to check bodies and walk over unid one, I can be killed, its my responsibility to not miss game relevant information. Not paying complete attention constantly gets innos killed for GBA, not sure why this would be any different this time shirt.
    The person in the tester is 100% the same one who went in, its very basic common sense. I have no idea why losing line of sight afterwards matters, are you implying I should only be allowed to KoS people who I have line of sight on? And if you are going to claim the same thing as Temar, just look at my other replies.

Which still makes absolutely no sense as players have to warn for grenades etc, players could had made a bind "C4 near me" just like they have binds for grenades yet we have two different rulings for them. But again not really relevant discussion.

Also you marked the question finished based on "answering" my one example. The question itself is much more abroad so can this topic be marked unanswered while I get a definitive answer to my main question?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I would not consider GBA. I will use names to help others follow easier and use the exact situation that you gave.

Temar, You, and I walk into the tester room. You both witness me go into the tester and then I say "Wanna see a magic trick?" and then I teleport out. You then call out a kos on me. Temar then walks out of the room. He would just be repeating what you said. He doesn't do anything traitorous like shoot at you or teleport out. He doesn't try to mask your call out just only walks. I say that's not GBA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 4sea

4sea VIP

I believe the general consensus would be that due to the testerwindow breaking the line of sight at the time something traitorous happens it would not be GBA in this case.

(rule pertaining to this situation, and why it is not GBA)
    [​IMG]

I believe your counter argument is that in this occasion people should know who went into the tester and the unbreakable window that was in the way should not matter as it was clear who went in. However, that would imply that the player was already in the tester room when the other player went in the tester and most of all that he was paying attention and actively remembering the name.
    Regardless of trying to prove that the player did actually know who went into the tester, the rules already state that since he went into the tester and he went behind an unbreakable window others are exempt from any GBA in this situation.

I hope this cleared up your question!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Jassa's main question is whether it is GBA for not KOSing someone while they had the ability to do so. To this, I would simply state that if someone is doing something traitorous and another person is to witness said act, you can kill them even if someone else has already KOSed the person who has done the act, simply due to their own inaction towards a traitorous act that they have seen.

However, this is in discussion, and an official statement will be made when possible so sit tight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jässa

Sorry if example is confusing but this question is due to the new GBA rules where we have to give others time to get a clear shot. My main concerning scenario is: someone walks around a corner/TPing soon after commiting a T act and the guy next to me did not have time to get a clear shot due to whatever reason(just turned around etc) but did afterwards have plenty of time to KoS said person but in the end decides not to. So Im wondering if someone on purpose is not KoSing/giving information on to others are they legible for getting GBAd as our rules do currently mention not KoSing after seeing someone commit a T act is legible for GBA.

12. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

I can't imagine a scenario where a person did not have time to react to another committing a Traitorous act, but then after it happened had time to kos said person. If you could see a traitor doing T acts and see their name clearly, you had a clear line of sight and time to react to the act (bullets and KOS binds are fast), regardless if the T walks around the corner later or TPs out. So yes, if a player had clearly seen a traitor do traitorous acts and see them walk away without kosing them is GBA.

I think your main question is asking for a definition of "clear line of sight and ample time". If you can tell in the scenario that a player had time to see his name and call him out, he had clear line of sight and ample time. There's no scenario that a person can see the name, see them do a T act, but not have the ability to react. If you mean that a player saw the player's name as they walk by, but then they were blocked, then the rule people mentioned above applies: No line of sight to the target. The rules apply right as the T act had happened.

• Agree Agree x 1