Nostalgia...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Vyvus, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Vyvus

Vyvus New Member

Does anyone else consider nostalgia one of the best, if not the best, things to happen in their, no offense but, sad and miserable life?

I know I do. Sometimes when I'm riding over to school, there's this chilly breeze that blows. It's just... different. Satisfyingly different. It reminds me of the times I didn't have to deal with stress, when I was a happy-go-lucky 6 year old who was always the loved one and got all the stuff my brother was supposed to get. I love it, and it helps me to relax, even if it's only in the moment.

Or a light-yet-enlightening zephyr that occasionally comes running in from your window. Really makes you happy, doesn't it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Nostalgia sucks, but I mean depending on how it is it just kind of reminds you of the good times you had.

Even though it's gone, you should just embrace it and continue moving on in life.

For me I just uh, wish it was still around lol

3. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

my only good thing i like
    when i was 5 and i
    Swallowed (those small ball made of glass) and spending 4 hour from hospital to another one (y)

4. Koishi

Koishi Killer Queen VIP

theres something about nostalgia that makes traumatic past experiences somewhat addicting to revisit and reflect

idk, i just find it peaceful and relaxing to go to places that were significant in my past despite how much shit i’ve been through, there’s just something so charming and serene about revisiting bad memories, perhaps it’s just the unconscious despair i felt from it or simply nostalgia

or im just fucking shitfaced its 1am goodnight

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

It depends how you may classify bad memories (because there are legitimate bad memories we have that we completely avoid). Because if you enjoy that "bad" memory, there was something in there that you did enjoy. I can relate, because for the "bad" memories I've had with the only successful relationship I've had, I do as well enjoy revisiting those days. Either from pictures, to places, or simply music.
    It hurts like a bitch but for some reason feels nice.

That or we both are very pessimistic about things and we're miserable idfk.
    Tbh lots of people I've talked to about this say the contrast of what I've said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tups

Tups VIP

...who hurt you

7. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Nostalgia has always been a negative feeling for me

8. Vyvus

Vyvus New Member

Life, duh.

• Funny Funny x 1