NoHackJustAdvice (terrible name, I know)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by NoHackJustGood, Nov 24, 2017.

1. NoHackJustGood

NoHackJustGood Hai :) VIP Silver

Hey everyone,
    I'm going to try to make this quick and simple. There are two things I'd like to discuss, and I'm sure several of you are going to hate me for it. I'm not sure what creating this thread is going to accomplish, but it may be beneficial to some people. I'm not sure. As most of you know, I'm not exactly the perfect person to talk to because I'm a bit broken on the inside, but I always attempt to help those in need, even if it is beyond my ability.

First, I noticed that people have been feeling helpless because they are unable to help the people they genuinely care about. Sometimes, you'll end up hurting others in the end because you're trying to help someone else and it sucks, honestly. I've been trusted with information before, and I ended up betraying him because I felt it was best for the other person to know. Every situation is different, so I can't exactly give you a specific answer. The best advice I can give you is to be honest. Lying isn't doing anything but buying you time.

Second, I noticed that people are creating underaged dating memes and still talking about the incident that occurred a couple of days ago, and it's sickening if you want the truth. Like.. Why would you make a joke about that? Sure, it's the internet, and it's good to get a joke every once and a while, but it's taken way too far and completely inappropriate, at least in my opinion. In addition, they aren't even here to defend themselves. I'm not saying what they did is right or wrong, but you don't know what they have going on behind the screen. So please, just keep it to yourselves, seriously.. All it does is spread more rumors and cause more trouble.

Just thought this needed to be shared. As much as I hate bringing this back up, we don't need drama all over this community.
    -NoTurkeyJustStuffin

• Informative x 3
    • Friendly x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Well, you were right about one thing.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sam.

sam. VIP

First, you're not going to get very far by just making a thread addressing concerns and saying that this and that is bad. If you want something to happen I suggest you go to an actual staff member; preferably a lead admin. They're someone that will actually listen and help. This thread won't do anything but boost your ratings and spread more knowledge about this whole situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. NoHackJustGood

I mean, some people may prefer to go to a lead and others may seek other friends. I'm not sure why you're mentioning the ratings. If I did care about them, I would have created a shitpost or a giveaway. This thread is meant to give others a different perspective on sensitive matters, not spread rumors and increase toxicity. However, I can understand where you're coming from. Thanks for the feedback.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The people who are making the memes are trying to turn their emotions into humor. It's a positive thing that humans have been doing for ages. It helps to minimize stress. Pedophilia or whatever the hell is going on is just a target. These memes will pass and things will die down. Also, if anyone is planning on making such memes just remember that the staff team's stance on them is that they wont be tolerated lightly.

Love all ya, even if you like to joke about some messed up stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

My and Rose's memes were both taken down, and those were the only two I know of, and didn't spread rumors.

The memes weren't about this specific situation regardless. It's about the numerous times that staff or regulars have been caught in relationships (or whatever you wanna call it) with underage girls of the community

It's still looked down upon to even TALK about Enigmatica (Event Horizon), let alone meme it, and that shit happened 2 and a half years ago

If you want to argue that they're not here to defend themselves, okay well, yeah. That's the entire point of a permaban.

Many people talk about and meme about 1/11 which was one of the darkest days in SGM history, and led to several perma'd users, but I don't see you making threads about that

My point is yes, pedophilia or anything falling into that nature of things is wrong and extremely disgusting. However, the "memes" that are being made are not one bit justifying that behavior, and are finding the light in something pretty dark
    In fact, if anything, they're discouraging it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. NoHackJustGood

I'll be honest about something. Because I was a staff member at that time, I feel like it would be "inappropriate" as a staff member and may lead to me getting demoted and other issues. I can see both sides of what you said about the memes. Yes, they are technically discouraging it, but it's the idea being brought back if that makes sense. You do make a good statement, though. Also, I didn't mean to pick you or anyone out; it does sound like that in the thread. I apologize for that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

Agreed but it seems the administration just wants to hush it up completely as for we "do not have all the information". I'll let you figure that out on your own on how both got coi.. Agree 100% with python, but in addition to this leads have determined to defend the pedos and that they have some sort of place in this community even though they are perma banned. Not sure why, but any memes about sith, event, or guilty are not allowed as it is against these rules:
    [​IMG]

Here is a link to my report on wink regarding the situation which was deemed invalid, because it is considered harassment to make fun of perma banned users and spreading light of the situation and awareness. But who the hell knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ only the administration knows the "facts".
    Link to administration deeming it as harassment to making memes about perma banned users.

• Like Like x 1