Night maps VS Day maps

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Dapper Cracker, Sep 29, 2020.

?

Night or Day

1. Night

2. Day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dapper Cracker

Dapper Cracker Silver Supporter

hmm yes title quaint

2. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

Night maps are dope bc it makes the maps harder to play on which makes the games more dynamic

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

depends on too many variables, there are good and bad examples for both day and night

good day - mc richland
    bad day - camel/mc airship
    good night - canyon
    bad night - that one star wars looking one, think it's called ns_streets, not sure what but it's fucking terrible

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

I would've made bank better, like actual NIGHT with street lights outside, but its hard to optimize that. I didn't put much anything outside because when you are outside, you are rendering the whole inside due to the windows. I didn't want to remove the windows because it wouldn't be the same.
    It is also hard to make a map when everyone's monitor is different. Like I got two monitors that are both 500 dollars, and they are completely different in terms of the black and whites, even when I am in sRGB. Plus I was mapping while using flux, so for me, the map would be darker than most because my flux would fluctuate based on the time of the day. If anything, I could just revamp the map based on people's opinion if need be.

Bank will be a scouter's galore. The map is a bit dark and you can be by the fence which is black and the player will blend in, based on their model that is. But they will be noticed based on sound of the shot, so its all good.

Like every map is like 350+ FPS without TTT gamemode, with it, eats about 100-200 FPS because it has to render all the ammo, their weapons, etc.

Personally, I prefer Dusk/Night map because it adds more to the map in terms of playability.
    Usually any map that uses FOG is because it is hard to optimize the map and FOG unrenders a lot of stuff based on the distance.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Day maps = 5000000000 times better than night maps