New Years resolutions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Indy226, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Oh, I'm sorry to ruin your buzz. To speak more positively, I think that New Years Resolutions are not an effective avenue for long lasting and sustained change. The reason I think that is because a ball dropping is not a strong motivation for change, in fact it is more fleeting than other forms. What is it good for? I would argue that a New Year really helps people put into perspective their failures and things they wish they could work on. That level of introspection comes around once, maybe twice, a year. For that, I do find some value in New Years Resolutions. On the second thing you said, no, I am not the type to go into a church and break shit. Frankly, I don't give a fuck what you believe. If going into a church and learning the good word gives you a purpose, or fills any kind of hole in your spirt than that is great.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. My resolution is to stop coming back to SGM now that I finally have something sorta resembling a life.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. food

food VIP

Taking care of my body.
    I haven't documented it well but I've been struggling with an eating disorder, self harm and nicotine addiction for years and maybe now is as good a time as ever to turn it around.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

To not talk to indy226

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  5. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Same way brother. I would say moreso I'm out of shape but not overweight. I've found the Nike Run App (summer 2020) and the guided runs work really well. I used to HHAATTEE running. I still kinda do, but if you have a good temperature and a nice trail to run on, its wonderful. I would listen to Coach Bennet and his guided runs while enjoying the scenery of the trial I run on. Give it a try!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

don't play sgm

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

to earn money as much as i can

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

get more tiddy pics than last year

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. MEHEEZY

MEHEEZY Supporter

this da one. don't start tomorrow. start now kind of thing

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Carnage

Carnage Member

it can be dumb but for some it motivates them and gives them a way to "track" how well they are keeping to their resolution. i believe people should be doing their new years resolution as soon as they can not wait till its new years. I think its okay to have a new years resolution as a "goal" to achieve and not an excuse to avoid doing it

Ig mines going to be nicer to people and workout more maybe.

11. Yellow

Yellow VIP

being nice is dumb, being an ass is smart

12. Carnage

Carnage Member

hahah yeah. i been told i can be an asshole, rude or mean when i explain things or i can be really insulting which idm but its a pain dealing with butthurt people so i need to be more "neutral".

13. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

wait what the fuck meheeezy got unbanned?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Old Old x 1