new staff protocol regarding hacking bans

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by tz-, Apr 15, 2020.

?

wait this is actually a reasonable request?

1. yes

33.3%
  2. nigga rubbing on my thighs with some ketchup

53.3%
  3. tz shut the fuck up

23.3%
  4. no

6.7%
  5. i just fucked ur bitch with my small dick

26.7%
  6. yea idc fuck them hoes

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

i suggest that staff be required to upload their evidence for hacking bans as soon as they acquire it, instead of waiting for a ban appeal, that way there would be no waiting for players because of "technical difficulties" as seen with @slaps ban appeal

it still amazes me how often you guys on the staff team ban players that arent hacking for hacking, this new protocol would ask for the general staff team to submit their evidence alongside their globalization request, allowing fellow staff members to look at your evidence pertaining to said ban and HOPEFULLY allowing for more communication on faulty bans that are not 100% conclusive.

sure, the staff team/mods would still be allowed to hand out the local server bans, but thankfully hacking bans are now global on 1st offense and only admins can global, meaning that there can be another stage in the process that makes sure that the evidence provided is 100% conclusive and proves without any shred of doubt that the person is hacking.

god you guys cmon seriously

ps; you cant change your vote on the poll but you can vote for different options

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

+1 thanks for a great idea @tz-

3. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

They already "have" to upload hacking evidence ASAP, but most mods skip out on it yet don't get reprimanded

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Because it is incredibly burdensome. Truth be told I never enforced this because I knew that it wasn't possible for me to do so with my internet. Uploading anything on this potato shit I operate is difficult.

The actual truth though is this: Why does the staff team target new players so ferociously with hacking and being alts? I swear to god that moderators want to know almost immediately if someone is an alt if they so much as breath in the direction of somewhat understanding what the game is about. "NEW PLAYERS SHOULDN'T BE THIS GOOD" like motherfucker this is a first person shooter game. You can pick it up pretty quickly if you have half a brain cell, or a decent amount of CS:GO playtime.

I don't believe that staff members need to present their evidence immediately, what I think is a better idea is just to collect more evidence than they already do. Force them to show on several occasions that this person has aimbot or wallhacks. Enough with these "I got two snaps and i'm pretty sure he has no recoil," like no, get at least 5 or 6 snaps to be sure. I'd be more in favor of staff being compelled to get more evidence over forcing them to upload their evidence right away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  5. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Well I'm not one of those mods. Honestly I only check for hackers if I am told about someone being sus, mass RDMs (cuz sometimes people will just flip on an aimbot and go pew pew half the server), or if I or others die a bit too quickly. I'm not immediate to think "HACKER!" I just observer for several rounds. If it's obvious hacking, I'll grab at least a roundful of evidence, or several kills that prove an aimbot or wall hacking. Otherwise I don't bother, most of the times people are just good, I get often told "yo watch doublecaret" or "this guy is hacking" and the guy is Miggo, or Cherious, it's easy for me to tell who be hacking who isn't.

Bhopping is different and it's difficult to tell what's a script and what isn't, unless they do the stand hops or speed up in a straight line without strafing.

However I made an oof with one person, and it's being blown out of proportion bc we're in a quarantine and people have nothing better to do, well they do but just choose not to. I'll just have to be more thorough with bhop scripts, das it.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  6. tz-

standing while bhopping doesnt make any difference, please do not make that mistake it is the same as bhopping while crouching

also its not being blown out of proportion, and its not bc we're in quarantine, this has been an ongoing issue with the staff team and you fucked up so now you gotta deal with people telling you that you fucked up. yet here slaps is still banned bc you guys have failed to provide your "evidence" because you decided to wait until you saw the appeal he made in order to even attempt to upload your "evidence" which you yourself have already admitted to was only "sus hops," sure you can refute it by saying "oh i was only banning him bc it should be global" but im gonna sit here and hit you with; you shouldnt be handing out bans that you're not supposed to be making, admins should be making bans global and if the ban isnt global then shit guess youre just gonna have to deal with it or you can get conclusive, undeniable evidence that they are hacking to issue another ban.

god i fucking swear

• Agree x 6
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  7. thog

thog VIP

+1

8. thog

thog VIP

dis dude hit 5 jumps in a row holy shit somebody ban him quick

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

you dont speed up in straight line even with scripts lmao

10. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

As a general rule hacking evidence needs to be reviewed by multiple people. People thought for a long time I was hacking and I'm not that good at FPS games. I bet there is lots of wrong information going around regarding hacks as there was in the past.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Fair enough, but why did you have to go and say this? Take your own actions seriously and realize that a lot of people here really don't take too kindly to staff fucking up. Me personally? I don't give a fuck to be honest. I have better things to do than be salty as fuck. Thankfully there isn't much need for that around here.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Yes, I agree with this and the player should maybe also be sent the video link along with their ban (included in the "ban reason")

But this also seems too organized and orchestrated to be realistic. The mod would have to go through their own little process of getting the evidence uploaded while disregarding staffing the server till it gets resolved.

I'd say that a ban should only get handed out immediately when the player is 100% obviously hacking and if there's any doubt about said player hacking it should be left up to a "board" of trained Admins/Moderators who are more experienced with such offenses.

13. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Staff members absolutely do need to be 100% certain before making a hacking ban. This is why only administrators are given the ability to global ban. They are supposed to review all hacking evidence before globalizing the ban. Obviously the admin who globalized this ban on Rice and Chicken failed to do that. https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/rice-and-chickens-appeal.55060/

But uploading your evidence before even being allowed to make the initial ban? Hell no. Shitty internet makes that shit impossible. I'm supposed to what, let some hacker continue to play on the server while I wait an hour for a 30 second clip to upload? Nah man,
    that's crazy. But what I do have to do before banning some guy for hacking is be 100% sure -- if that requires a second opinion, then yes, you'll have to wait for that clip to upload.

Now here's where things get crazy
    really crazy
    ok here it goes crazy shit time

Staff members are human beings and make mistakes sometimes
    I know, it's kinda crazy....
    But sometimes we make mistakes
    and threads like these just bring us down, for honestly no good reason. Yeah so what a dude made a mistake we all make mistakes get over yourself, who are you to point out every wrongdoing? It's not even serious dog chill out. It's only when mistakes like this happen repeatedly by the same people that it becomes a problem. It isn't a problem. You guys need to back off honestly, people make mistakes we're human beings it's literally all we do lmfao.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  14. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

A while back I used to get real pissed off from all the mods going around banning people without going on to post their evidence. There were days where I'd just go and look on the ban list and be like - well I see this guy has a hacking ban but where is the evidence. With how high the turn around of mods can be at times it was really annoying because you weren't sure on that mods standards. It was a bit reminiscent of the alt situation. At a mod level you would see bans with just plain old ban evasion and be like, well wtf account was he ban evading on? Might as well get an admin to check him again because the idk he could still be evading. Heck I'm not sure I could tell you who some of the older evasion bans (6 Months+) are on, but that has generally changed now as admins have adapted to the notes more.

I'd say the recent policy change has forced moderators to more actively upload their evidence. Often if no evidence is posted the user does get hunted down now by the admins. I've also seen the odd occasion where the admins have had to intervene with evidence that just lacks anything significant enough to justify that the player was hacking.

As for the actual suggestion, I dont understand how anyone actually loses evidence. I don't think I've ever lost any evidence, It's just hit record and *poof* you've got everything you need. I also actively maintain the Instant replay feature at a 10 minute interval so if there ever was to be an issue, not everything I had done would be lost. I guess mistakes can happen occasionally but it can make you think why this happens when things get disputed (not related to slaps appeal, moreso in any appeal). In general request should be done asap to prevent other issues being caused. Globals aren't something Mods should hand out. If a ban isn't globalized, there is either a reason for that or you need to wait for an admin to get around to it.

15. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

There's a lot of videos of that, including this:
    at <0:44>, <1:10> and <1:35>.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. tz-

yo do you guys kno how to read; "sure, the staff team/mods would still be allowed to hand out the local server bans, but thankfully hacking bans are now global on 1st offense and only admins can global, meaning that there can be another stage in the process that makes sure that the evidence provided is 100% conclusive and proves without any shred of doubt that the person is hacking."

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. STONEY

I can read quite well.

I can also reiterate the same opinions you have on the matter if I fucking want to.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  18. tz-

howre you gonna say its not serious when it affects the playerbase that the community is so desperately trying to hold on to? these mistakes have been happening repeatedly, but sadly it's not the same people, it's the staff team in general. it's not like im starting a witch hunt every single time you guys make a little boo boo mistake like a false slay or improper gag, you're banning legit players from all of the servers for a whole month+ because of the lack of training and discipline in the staff team, which in turn shows the playerbase that the staff team that community holds in such high regard cant even be trusted to distinguish legit players from hackers thus making it likely that they're not going to come back. why are you so upset over a suggestion thread that isnt even calling anyone out but rather using the most recent example of misconduct? its not like im out here saying frost and moleman are dogshit mods am i? the fact that you think handing out false bans isnt serious is an even more concerning problem that you should evaluate yourself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. tz-

if you can read quite well then why did you try to say some dumb shit about something which i already covered in the original post? "this new protocol would ask for the general staff team to submit their evidence alongside their globalization request, allowing fellow staff members to look at your evidence pertaining to said ban and HOPEFULLY allowing for more communication on faulty bans that are not 100% conclusive." and again, "sure, the staff team/mods would still be allowed to hand out the local server bans"

20. STONEY

I got on another communities TTT server a while back, got banned there for this same thing. It happens way too frequently sadly.

It makes it look like little to no investigating was ever done, and if it was, then it was done very unprofessionally.

And yes I agree the staff teams actions do in fact affect the playerbase, sometimes more-so than staff not being online at all.