Accepted New Staff Position: Test Mod

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Magafe, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magafe

Magafe Banned

You should make a Test Mod for people who have a week to prove they are mod worthy and get some ability to do stuff and the community or staff gets to choose if they become mod or don't.

2. Slippery

Slippery VIP

i smell aboose

3. Magafe

Magafe Banned

give them only the gag and mute commands :D

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I wouldn't mind letting people have a probationary moderation period. We could create a vote page for them and determine if they stay by how many votes they child at the end of the week. It wouldn't be final; just a tool to help the admins decide if their fit to be a moderator.

5. 4light

4light New Member

I think its a good idea, maybe restricted commands, say Slay and Mute/Gag

6. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I think trying out a 'test mod' program would be a great idea. I have one concern though: the voting system might not work out if the 'test mod' has slain people. Those people might vote negatively, and also might be more keen on voting than someone that didn't have any trouble with the 'test mod'. Perhaps the voting system could be tried out, but I think the ultimate decision should come down to the mods and admins as they will be the ones who will have to work with and get along together as a team. And if the 'test mod' doesn't integrate well within the mods, then the decision can be made not to accept them. This might be another step admins can use when determining who would make a good mod. The standard mod application will help them to be accepted into this 'test mod' program, where they would then be tested and essentially judged. This may cause more work for the admins in the short term, but I think it will pay off in the long term, as we will have some great mods that know what they're doing. Just a thought, but +1 on the idea for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.