New Server (EU)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Highwon, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

[​IMG]
    Serious TTT EU - eu.seriousttt.com (31.186.251.3)

We here at Serious TTT are proud to announce our brand new server available to all players, Serious TTT - European Union, or Serious TTT EU for short. The server will be hosted in Frankfurt, Germany.

[​IMG]

This server will be identical to the West and East servers with the same addons and maps.

[​IMG]
    As you all know, at the beginning of this month, when we launched Vanilla on upgraded hardware, we also added advertisements that were displayed to users who did not have a forum account linked to their Steam ID.

We are personally against advertisements and we only run them on a need to basis when we need the extra income for community based projects and ventures.

Thankfully, due to our large player base and generous donations, we have removed the advertisements for all users for the time being.

Thank you all again for making this a possibility and for being a part of our community.

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Rambo

Rambo Shoot first, ask later. VIP

This is nice!

3. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

Lol because the last Europe was so successful xD

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Rambo

Rambo Shoot first, ask later. VIP

We had a smaller community back then.

5. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Phase 2.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

#TakeOverEU

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pirateer

Pirateer The Archbishop of Banterbury Supporter

Thank you so much, I can finally play with a decent ping :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

LOW PINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Second time's the charm

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wow, another server. Nice one Highwon (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Mate.. Check out carned's reaction... Now you may say "uh it ain't full.." well people in the Europe Region have different timezones. Thanks, Highwon. I love it. And I am sure the other people will be happy about the good ping. Also I get 140 ping and I live in Tennesee. Very good.

Protesting works, yeah?

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Snow

Snow Active Member

Awesome, I'll get on this soon as possible even though I'm not anywhere near Eu.

13. Snow

Snow Active Member

My ping does get a little high while on it though.

14. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

Keep the servers coming Highwon! Thanks for getting this one up and running, I'm sure members in that area are really going to appreciate it.

And a huge thank you goes to everyone in the community who donated and made this happen!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I feel for you Aussies man. No matter where a server is hosted, you're always getting awful ping. I guess you can hope for an AU server...

On a serious note, I'm always happy to see our community expand. Hopefully this server will bring in a new wave of people in the EU, and add to our community even more.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

That moment when you have a lower ping on the EU server then you do on West

and I live in the US

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

So, regarding what myself and @Steven | SP were discussing in the other EU thread, will there need to be a European staff team to handle this server in specific? Or are any issues with ping on the EU server not a problem at the moment?

Either way, great job and fast implementation. I'm sure this will make a lot of people happy, even if they are the minority.

18. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

As much as I wish this will happen, I don't see it to be. However, there is a very likely possibility that I could be wrong. If I am... well, let's just say it will never be staffless so long as I'm around!

Although I can't say with certainty, I don't believe there will need to be a dedicated European staff team. I personally don't have any issues with staffing on any of the STTT servers from where I live - which would be the same distance, if not further away from where they are hosted compared to anyone staffing the EU server from North America (which I understand is where most of the staff are located). Although ping would affect gameplay ever-so minimally, staffing wise shouldn't be an issue. Although, I could be wrong - time will tell.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

@BlueCore we have Steven and other staff might not mind staffing EU but that's there personal opinion.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  20. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Not to be mean but why do you think it'll work again. Last time we got an EU server, it didn't get that many players and just shut down due to it not being used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.