New Rule To Add

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Gay, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Again, this completely leaves vulnerable people who simply made a mistake on their report, and had no intention of lying. Not to mention, there will be special circumstances all the time. One person lying about the same thing as another person will require more evidence for the same situation, so why should they get additional punishment for what is, from their side, the exact same offense?

Do you actually read posts? Or do you see a few words in there, maybe the first and last line, and then make up the rest in your head?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

It should be relatively obvious if someone is confused verus if they're lying

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

Not always, no. That would be an extreme generalization

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

This thread is still going.. Just ban whoever made Jewtwo mad and we'll be squared away, thanks.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Juice Juice™

But daaaaaddy. That's meeeeeeee now!

If we close out this, He'll make it so arguing in the forums is a ban!

6. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Can you guys keep this on Topic, I don't mean to make this a hassle nor doi want anyone inappropriately banned.

7. Juice Juice™

Dude, I have been more on-topic than you this entire time. You still have yet to address anything I have said through 4 pages of this, or even Python, the person you were so desperately relying on

8. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Vary well ill address them
    It is very hard to see the negatives the only negative I seeing is someone mistaking what report it is for. i would say providing Damage logs in reports to the victim and killer would stop confusing the factors and the time they were killed. but other then that i don't see any negatives.
    I know it does but I only say this because, in my opinion, it angers me that people do this today and get away with it, I am sorry you see it that way but being banned for a month for something you have done in the past and seeing it be done to you really upsets you.

9. Juice Juice™

I have listed the negatives in several posts, but I'll list them again since you really don't care about this despite your personal investment in it:
    1. Mods will have to take a significantly longer time on each report to make sure no lying took place. To the point where people will be delayed in getting their punishment, other reports will be backlogged, and the staff will not have nearly as much time to play.
    2. This won't catch any liars. We already catch the people that lie if they can be caught. People who lie in a way that they get away with will still get away with their lie.
    3. Innocent people will be punished. It happens all the time already. If you make a mistake in your report, unintentionally, for whatever reason, it could come across as lying, and you will get in trouble for doing nothing wrong.
    4. What does this cover that toxic gameplay punishments do not

10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I still fail to see the point, if people are lying in reports notoriously then they'll be found out and dealt with via admin discretion.

It would be very unfair to blanket someone as "lying" in reports when it's very easy to make mistakes when playing the game.

If I think I see a player shoot and he didn't, but I say that in a report, I've lied essentially, without intending too.

I really don't see any issues with the way things are now, Deathscene works wonders for dealing with RDM and anyone actively lying that making a separate rule that would be barely used on a day to day basis is pointless and will likely end in staff making a lot of false bans and it will causes more trouble that it's actually worth. Especially when admins have access to discretion to deal with these situations accordingly and do so with success.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

[​IMG]

Here could be another example when someone has DNA on someone that already placed a decoy. and then proceed to lie about it saying they had DNA on me. (also a form of ghosting unless there was a glitch involved.)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Juice Juice™

You say another like you mentioned one before. And this hardly qualifies as evidence to anything :/ We have no context to how they were killed. For all we know, they were killed for something completely unrelated to DNA, and even if they did, WHAT IS THE REPLY? This is only relevant if they lied in the reply! You didn't even show the reply.

• Dumb Dumb x 1