New Rule To Add

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Gay, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

2. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I sincerely doubt it. My reports would still be filled, as would everyone who thought themselves innocent. People would still lie, especially if they were new to the server.

3. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

You are innocent because in the past if you were found lying in reports you risk a 4 week ban... and risking that would force players to say slay me instead of bsing there way out of it.

4. Juice Juice™

People do lie in reports. We know this. And sometimes, they do get slain twice for it. I am a bit busy right now to look up the related report, but @wink is one of the people that does such. I'm not saying that obvious liars don't deserve additional punishment, but we can't start saying lying=extra punishment when there is so much room for error

5. Juice Juice™

It has nothing to do with the ban. I just don't like dishonesty. Players will still lie even knowing full well there is a potential for 4-week bans, and it places enormous burdens on the staffing team to check it all

6. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

but the player was never punished for lying in his reports against other players... he even lied to get out of a rdm from me.

7. Juice Juice™

If he keeps doing it, he will in time. Sometimes, the minority will have to escape punishment, or have punishment delays, so that the majority will have a significantly better time

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

i still think that logic is flawed and should be reworked python said he will put in his input after about this because he was on a receiving end of a 30 day ban,

9. Juice Juice™

So you think that we should make everyone inconvenienced, from staff who have to double-check every report, to players, who now must wait so much longer for their reports to be completed? Not to mention, everyone who will receive addition punishment because they are an unclear speaker, or make a mistake in the explanation? All so we may punish the occasional liar more severely, quicker. Because A: They do get caught, with deathscenes now more than ever. And B: They do end up getting more severe punishments as time goes on, and they lie more and more. And C: Those that can evade punishment through lying now, this rule won't stop them. The lie they tell won't suddenly be catchable because a new rule is in place against lying.

10. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Trust me it will.... when lying was heavily enforced in the past it was deeply frowned upon and a huge ban would take place. I learn I had to be careful with my reports and take them more seriously
    Now please wait for guilty as he was also banned for this and many others... you can't speak for them because you were not on the receiving end of a ban for 30 days.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Juice Juice™

And yet people still did it. This would be a significant change to the servers, one with a much more profound impact than I think you realize. I don't speak for anything but my own experiences, and from those experiences, I am telling you this would result in a much less player-friendly environment, and result in much less interested staff.

You're not even trying to address the negatives to this. You didn't even read my post. Nothing in your reply addressed anything I said.

Edit: I don't need to personally be on the receiving end of a ban to have an opinion on the reason for that ban, btw.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Juice Juice™

Your argument begins and ends at "This happened to me, therefor it shouldn't be allowed," doesn't it?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Juice Juice™

You know, you could, like, actually have a discussion or directly address anything I said and prove me wrong

14. Cake

Cake I like red VIP

Back from the dead for some reason- +1

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Juice Juice™

Going to tag @Python~ here since you said he would have some observations I just had to wait for.

16. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Hello, python here.

Everything is currently working great! Loopholing is easier to identify with deathscenes now active. Lying in reports can allow for a discretionary punishment of (1) additional slay.
    Toxic gameplay bans seem to cover the repeat offenders.

Then you've got the people who forget what happened in the scenario. That happens to me all the time.

Not reading any of the previous posts, just stating my opinion.

-Python

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. beyblade informant

beyblade informant Banned VIP

can't say I approve of what you are saying, since I think I explained pretty well what happened in the incident that occured.

EDIT:And when I do rdm I clearly state it in the response or just post no clear reasoning for the kill(which I've been asked to not include alone in the response).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  18. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Yes i misread your whole post... and didn't mean to account it towards the same thing i am talking about.

What I mean is clearly someone trying to get out of a rdm by making up a lie for example.. someone saying he was kos OR making up a story saying he pulled out a T weapon when in fact they really didn't something along through lines where its a clear as day lie.

19. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

How about a compromise?

The rules as it stands is saying that lying is not loopholing, while using the rules in a toxic way is.

However, I agree with Jew that lying in reports should be considered an offense, but only if it cannot be solved through deathscene

What I mean by this is that a player claiming something like "they were by an unid" when they weren't would not be loopholing, only because deathscene proves they weren't

However, deathscene cannot prove things such as on-mic callouts. This requires third party software to find out, and wastes the mods and players time. The player has to upload the demo or video and the mod has to watch the demo. This excessive waste of time is why I believe cases like this should be punished more than simply being slain once or twice

Proposal:
    Add to the current loopholing rule that lying in a report that requires third-party software to catch is loopholing

Or

Make the rule completely separate to loopholing

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

that's what I have been saying something like lying in report first offence 4 hour ban. + if done repeatedly its stacks by .5