New Rule To Add

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Gay, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

To go off this a little, I once was slain after seeing Player A Shoot at Player B. However, in my report, I said "Player A Shot Player B." The difference is complete according to logs, thoug hdeathscene probably can clarify, and without looking intensely at the situation, it comes across as a lie

2. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

I for one am speaking for the players that were banned for this rule! as i did learn to NEVER lie in a report and treat them seriously. as it does stop and go down on reports so you don't have to view death scene.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

[​IMG]
    lying exploits the report system, IMO lying is on reports is very toxic
    now that loopholing is only 2 slays then more people are going to do it, and since staff aren't always right in seeing it as a lie, more people get away with it bc more people are doing it with it only being 2 slays now.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Now who's side are but yes i agree. I think instead if you are caught lying you should receive a double slay. :) that is an excellent idea. as now there is a definition for why we slay someone we could also add in + lying in your report.

5. Juice Juice™

Back to my example above, I 100% come across as a liar in that scenario. Unless a mod is expected to look especially hard into each and every report, thereby eliminating a large portion of their own game-tine and delaying all reports, a lot of people will be punished additionally for bad phrasing, poor memory, or any number of additional miscommunications

6. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Which i agree because you are held accountable for any problems you cause on the server regardless of condition to your physical body.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

i think it should go back to 4 weeks

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Or less harsh like 2 weeks + persistence in doing it.

9. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

False. If you're caught lying on a report you obviously have no integrity and can never be trusted again. Permanent ban is the only choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Juice Juice™

That makes literally no sense

Edit: What you said has literally no relation to the post you quoted...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Dude I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or serious in all this shit. You're fucking amazing .

12. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

I have a sense of humor but some people don't so ill be serious and delete that post.

13. Juice Juice™

It really sounds like you are trolling now.

To go back to this quote which you seemed to have pulled from thin-air, yes. You are accountable for problems. However, if you are just normally playing the game, you should not be punished additionally for what is most common just a miscommunication of some form.

14. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/idontusevoicechangerss-appeal.34237/#post-308598

in this report, Kyogre states that if you're not in the right mindset it's still considered rdm and such because of your held accountable for your actions that's how it is held today as well. No matter the circumstances your held accountable.

(if you say something bad to someone and didn't mean it because you were tired your still accountable for it.)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Juice Juice™

Yes. This is true. It has absolutely nothing to do with what I said and you quoted, however, and you seem to be intentionally trying to deviate from the topic. People will miscommunicate.

To re-iterate, I once was slain after seeing Player A Shoot at Player B. However, in my report, I said "Player A Shot Player B." The difference is complete according to logs, though deathscene probably can clarify, and without looking intensely at the situation, it comes across as a lie. The slay was valid because of the phrasing I used. If I had phrased correctly, I would have not been slain. Now, I was able to clear up the situation later on because I used incorrect, but there are other situations where that won't be, and overall, it would either result in a massive time-consumption on the Staff's part to make sure every detail they write in their report is accurate, or it would mean people get punished unfairly because of bad phrasing, a typo, a mis-rememberence, any number of details that make the report innacurate and therefor able to be construed as a lie

16. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Well I understand your struggle with this but I am saying... instead of Accusing someone a liar ask them directly and if they are clearly lying to the admin as well then show more proof if they keep up the lying ban them for 2 weeks... we are in a professional serious community and lying should not be tolerated. if you're serious about playing with serious players you shouldn't have to lie to get out of an RDM don't get me wrong accidental cases where you think you're responding to someone else can be cleared up with the admin. but lying in a report like HE has been called out for False Kos is clearly a lie and not only upsets the admin it upsets the victim I've been on the receiving end of that and it's not pleasant. Furthermore If lying was cleared up in the motd it would make lying a less time-consuming thing for the admins as our admin time is important.

17. Juice Juice™

But, again, how will we be able to tell what is and isn't a lie? My situation, or my type of situation, is quite common, but would flag me a liar by some universal standard.

18. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

double checking or triple checking would solve this...

19. Juice Juice™

Which would take extreme amounts of time that would have to be spent on a significant number of reports, potentially eliminating Staff play-time on a busy server and creating a report backlog

20. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

And less reports would be filled too if this was in effect because if the player would lie to get out of it then they would rather just say SLAY me.