Rejected New rule suggestion regarding innocents committing traitorous acts. "Mistake Accountability"

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Apherix, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

You should not be held responsible for the actions of others. If someone wants to kill you for committing a T act, that's their decision. It's insane to say you should be slain for someone killing you theb SOMEONE ELSE killing them. Ridiculous.

What if you're shooting at a T, some inno kills you, and the Innos helping you kill the T kill him. Then he reports you for a traitorous act and YOU get slain? Are you fucking with me?

This would make TTT essentially unplayable without being slain. Basically, you want innos to ONLY shoot traitors, which is retarded because the Innos have no idea who the traitors are.

Please close this god awful suggestion

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Python~

But committing traitorous acts is not against the rules, and it's literally impossible to play the game without committing traitorous acts in some way. Try it if you don't believe me.
    Committing these acts is not "failing...to follow simple directions", it's just the way the game is played

3. Apherix

Apherix VIP

That's assuming that the player that is playing the detective is actually paying attention. The blame would still not fall on B or the Detective. If B tells the Detective and isn't killed, then great! B gets to live out the rest of his round and A gets to reflect on their poor decision to pull out a Traitor Weapon as an Innocent and die for it.

4. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Yup, otherwise it's his fault. TTT is all about communication man.

5. Apherix

Apherix VIP

The guy who kills you for trying to kill the Traitor probably won't report you if he was killed by the other innocent players helping you kill the Traitor. He will most likely report whoever killed him and then the other people would say that you were shooting at the traitor and nothing would come of it. If he were to report you for committing a Traitorous Act, which I don't know why he would, then it wouldn't go anywhere either.

6. Apherix

Apherix VIP

Considering that if the Detective was not paying attention to B's message in the chat, which leads to him getting killed by the detective, A would then be responsible for the death of B as B doesn't deserve to be killed for doing the right thing.

7. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Duh, no, it would be the detective's fault.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Whilst im sure the rule has good intentions, its a massive hassle for everyone involved and only creates more work for mods, i think the current system is ok as it is

9. Python~

Shooting at a traitor is still a traitorous act

So what, now you're just gonna pick and choose what is and isn't a T act? lol k

10. Apherix

Apherix VIP

In your eyes, shooting at the traitor as an inno is not a Traitorous Act, but if someone else sees you shooting at the Traitor, then it becomes a Traitorous Act, unless you call a KOS on the Traitor and yada yada yada.

11. Apherix

Apherix VIP

The detective wouldn't be doing the wrong thing because DNA is DNA and it is evidence that an innocent was killed by someone. Regardless of him paying attention to the chat, he can kill whoever the DNA leads to if it was found on an innocent body.

12. Mapled

Mapled VIP

Shooting at anyone is a traitorous act, regardless of role.

13. Python~

Shooting someone is still a traitorous act regardless of if you call a KOS or not :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

I've never seen so much bullshit in two sentences.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

No. :stop:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Haha. This isn't a 'mistake', this is a calculated risk to the player who opts to do it, and that player alone. The chance of an untimely death is enough of a punishment, there is absolutely no need for staff to reprimand players who do this sort of thing. Sucks for your karma if you gun someone down under these circumstances, but a little karma loss isn't enough to merit reworking the rules. Sorry chum.

17. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Was going to write a paragraph but then I realized this thread is a reader so I decided to simplify
    [​IMG]

18. uwu

uwu Banned Silver

While obviously what you described is extremely annoying it happens wayyyy to often for it to become a slayable offense, plus there is a huge margin for error, there is no way this would turn out good.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

I honestly Don't see your reason to keep defending this like it changes anything? Its been shot down, and has 0.000001 chance of being implemented if not 0 sorry -1 for reasons listed above.

20. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Is this a joke? This has to be a joke. This is just begging for a whole mess of bullshit that only begins with people getting slain for other people's actions. Say this rule was put into place? What then? You would have to add literal hours to a staff member's time in order to comb through all the logs and data to figure out what happened. Mistakes would happen literally all the time. Even if somehow we figured out a way to justify every other problem with this change, it would be implausible to enforce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.