New Rule on AFKS using scripts/console command

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Juice Juice™, Oct 17, 2016.

?

Does this seem like a good rule?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes, if altered

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

If you are using the console commands/scripts to run around in circles, I believe that should warrant a ban. Not a big one, and not one that stacks necessarily, but it ruins any lobby that it is in, or at least makes it much worse, because there is absolutely no way for players without a mod to deal with. If we shoot them, it's RDM, if we let them live, they delay until the timer runs out. It's just not fun, it's not something that contributes to the game in any way if allowed, and it's a cheap way for people to skirt the system already in place.

Edit: And say this is a new rule put into place. It would only affect a very small amount of people who we don't want doing this action in the first place, and it would thoroughly discourage the action. This action contributes nothing to the server except harm, and can be as painful to play with as people who are constantly RDMing, who get banned.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I think if you are afking you should just be force specced, adding it to the rules could ensure a bit more people doing it, but it'll still happen. Overall +-0

• Like Like x 1
  3. Didn't know it was possible to do this actually.
    Sounds pretty lame, you should just kill them, lol.

4. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I have not seen anyone care enough to do this to prevent afk kick, ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Juice Juice™

Its rare, but its been happening a lot recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Juice Juice™

The problem is people are doing it when mods aren't on, making certain servers terrible to play on. if we just make it allowed, more people will do it, and things will turn to shit pretty quickly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. same

8. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

It's been a known thing to do in valve games since forever, so why and how is it becoming so rampant now that we need a rule to address the problem?

I understand the issue it may cause, but at the same time is it really worth addressing?

9. Juice Juice™

It's RDM to do so

10. Juice Juice™

Well, just imagine you are part of a group that constantly has an AFK person, and anytime they are the last T standing, unless you RDM, the clock will have to run out.

11. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I have never even heard of this situation occurring. I don't even quite know how people would do this. Quite simply, it isn't allowed already as it falls under delay. The player in question will also likely get killed or RDM'ed anyways. While I can see the concern. Adding a rule to extend what is already against the rules isn't needed. Delay is delay. If they are delaying like this, report them on the forums or to a mod. Simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Also, as a side note, if we were to specify that this is against the rules as a rule, it would give trolls a larger reason to do it. I honestly think calling it out would increase the rate of it occurring to begin with.

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Juice Juice™

That won't stop people from doing it though, or at least it wouldn't prevent them from doing it at the same rate. by making it a ban instead of a kick, it ensures that, at the very least, they can't do it again for at least a small period of time. I've personally seen this same player do it for 4 days in a row now, and a few other players doing it over the past few weeks.

14. Darth Gorgamel

Darth Gorgamel A Dark Lord of the Sith VIP Emerald

I have witnessed it once when I was mod and wasn't really sure about what to do and I did ask for guidance from an admin but I cant remember what that admin said to do.

15. Juice Juice™

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it hasn't become an issue, at least as of late. The problem is people usually do it when mods aren't on, because they are trying to avoid getting kicked or sent to spectate, which makes rounds delay indefinitely. and if your solution is "They will g et killed/RDMd anyway," you are basically saying we counter a rule-breaker by breaking the r ules, which is exactly what I am trying to avoid.

16. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Why haven't you recorded and provided evidence of this? If they have done it 4 days in a row, a forum report on the matter would likely lead to something larger than a kick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Juice Juice™

I've had @wink and @lNSPECTOR both witness this particular player, though lnspector didn't do anything even though they were doing it for 5+ maps

18. +right; +walk

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

The fact of the matter is that it is already against the rules to delay. And that's what they are doing, delaying. If the player is having a repeated history of doing so, they can with the discretion of an admin receive a larger punishment. Specification that this situation would receive a ban in the first place is unneeded and would bring the issue to light for trolls to loophole and abuse in the first place. The way that we handle it now is satisfactory enough for this.

20. Juice Juice™

Except that it's not, because players still do it a lot, and they do it repeatedly, because they don't usually get banned after the first time they are caught, and it completely ruins the server when they are on, and it keeps happening until a mod gets on , and there is absolutely nothing any players can do about it.