New Point Shop & More...

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by AndrewB, Nov 1, 2017.

1. AndrewB

AndrewB VIP

I believe this server is getting more and more popular by the minute as we get closer to summer; however, our point shop is antique, old, and outdated.

#1 You should implement a new point shop system (made custom by our developers), something unique that us from every other server.

#2 Death sound effects. When someone dies, instead of hearing the same old "OW MY LEG" or "OW" or even ".... there aren't any other sound effects", they should hear other sounds such as the "DO'H" sound from The Simpsons by Homer. Also the "OOF" sound from Roblox would be funny to have.

#3 Knives. There should be more knifes for the default user (non-donators)

--EDIT--
    #3 Maps. There should be more maps available on the server because I've played every single map at least 5 times and it is starting to get quite uninteresting, especially for players who have already played these maps on different servers. If you guys didn't know the maps that are on the server are apart of the whole "Custom Deathrun" server. So it's basically provided by the creators of the "Custom Deathrun". When I say "Custom Deathrun" I am referring to the people who took the original Deathrun and customized it to make it even better and different (ulx commands, bhop, !crosshair, third person, F2 menu etc) and that is the Deathrun we're using on the server, except for a couple differences (tab menu, custom ulx commands, custom items in the pointshop etc)

#4 A different point reward system where instead of seeing "You've received 10 points for playing on the server" every couple minutes, you'll see something else such as "You've earned yourself 10 points, *pat on the back*".

#4B Different Point Currency. This is part of the 4th suggestion. Instead of having it as points all the time, you should change the currency based on the season. Example: For Halloween, it should be something like "You have (amount of points) Spooky Points, Candies, Coins, Candy Corns" etc. I'm just thinking of these off the top of my head, it doesn't have to be one of these but it would be nice to have a change in the point system.

#5 Logs for chat and mics. There should be a log system that moderators can access to see who typed what and who said what. Now obviously I don't mean it will create a transcript of what everyone said (which would be awesome if possible), rather monitors the pitch and volume of each person speaking. For example, if there are lots of people talking at once and you're trying to distinguish who is mic spamming and who isn't then it will definitely be a difficult task. However, if you were to check a voice log system you'd be able to determine who is screaming and who isn't. It does sound like a difficult process, which is why I'm going to simply break it up.

- First, you need to make a custom log system that tracks the volume of each user and their pitch level
    - Second, implement it into a test server (an exact copy of our deathrun server)
    - Third, measure the level of a person talking at a normal level (calmly) and then work your way up to measure the level of a person screaming (mic spamming)
    - Fourth, establish a unit of measurement for each, example: When this pitch is about 1 inch high on the screen then it is _______ units loud which equal to a high pitch and/or high volume. If it is 0.2 inches tall on the screen then it is _____ units loud which equal to normal level
    - Lastly, test it out on the real server and if it holds up and is accurate for about a week or two then you've got your finish

THANKS FOR READING ME

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

its good to see regular player cares about dr
    ill +1

3. -1
    no need for any of these things. The pointshop system we have is fine, more death sounds are just luxury, and no need for more knives.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. Qaaap

Qaaap 404 User not found. VIP

gloves would be cool if they could be purchased

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Adrian Shephard

you won't join dr even if this suggestion get approved or no

6. Qaaap

The idea is to extend the lifespan of regulars being on DR, adding new stuff worth grinding for would mean more regulars and regulars are more playercount

There must be just something worth playing for instead of NoHack finishing in 1 min then dying

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Adrian Shephard

i was talking to simply pika since he -1
    i am already with this suggestion

8. I have played dr before and I know that there's nothing needed to be changed.

9. Adrian Shephard

how do you know that
    maybe dr get more populated
    more pop = more ppl buy dr ranks
    more dr ranks = ez money for highwon

10. AndrewB

AndrewB VIP

Unless if you're actually an active player on deathrun then I don't think this pertains to you. Not trying to come off rude but your opinion doesn't really matter if you don't even bother to get on the server.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Here's the thing. We can give opinions as bystanders. We can take a look at it, analysis it, and make our own decisions. We do it all the time in real life. Politics, economy, etc. While what differentiates between us and them is experience in the field, criticisms and opinions of other people can be a valuable thing. We can be influence by our observation (which again people in real life do as they try to understand the events, circumstances, or even people themselves). Hell. We don't always know what goes on in other countries, but we do analysis and form opinions about them. Besides, discarding people's opinions just because they don't play on the server can block you from learning other people's opinions and how they reach to that conclusion. Sometimes, other people's opinions can allow us to learn new things that we might not have considered.

Anyways, @Simply Pikaaaaa , sometimes it's easier to retain people than it is to recruit and obtain new members.
    I think more content can help (although temporarily) both recruit new people and retain old members.
    It's just more about rewards versus risks and costs.
    Is the risks and costs worth the reward?

Moving on to the suggestion itself, I don't think we need custom pointshop. The one we have is fine.
    However, more death sounds and knives seems to be a fine idea.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/could-we-possibly.30240/#post-272686
    They would have to be added in a way that it randomizes the death sound that is played when you die.
    +1 on death sounds though

• Like Like x 1
  13. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

#1 You should implement a new point shop system (made custom by our developers), something unique that us from every other server.
    I mean, I don't necessarily see a problem with our current pointshop system. It is actually custom, to an extent. Meaning that those categories (the donator ranks) and how it's lain out is Custom by Highwon.
    Although I do kind of understand if you mean like a color change, a brand new layout or something along those lines. That may be a thing we could do in the future if we think of a good enough design.

#2 Death sound effects. When someone dies, instead of hearing the same old "OW MY LEG" or "OW" or even ".... there aren't any other sound effects", they should hear other sounds such as the "DO'H" sound from The Simpsons by Homer. Also the "OOF" sound from Roblox would be funny to have.
    I actually agree a lot with this one. I think this has been a suggestion previously. I know I've heard people talk about it and I've thought about it myself. It's definitely something we could look into.

#3 Knives. There should be more knifes for the default user (non-donators)
    Eh. There's only so many knives that you can have in the server and most of those are Donator. Maybe in the future if we create custom skins or maybe even custom knives, we can allow more for the Default user instead of Donator only.

--EDIT--
    #3 Maps. There should be more maps available on the server because I've played every single map at least 5 times and it is starting to get quite uninteresting, especially for players who have already played these maps on different servers. If you guys didn't know the maps that are on the server are apart of the whole "Custom Deathrun" server. So it's basically provided by the creators of the "Custom Deathrun". When I say "Custom Deathrun" I am referring to the people who took the original Deathrun and customized it to make it even better and different (ulx commands, bhop, !crosshair, third person, F2 menu etc) and that is the Deathrun we're using on the server, except for a couple differences (tab menu, custom ulx commands, custom items in the pointshop etc)
    I've been looking into this. I may have some maps that could be getting added in the near future and we are always open to suggestions on new maps that would be fun to checkout.

#4 A different point reward system where instead of seeing "You've received 10 points for playing on the server" every couple minutes, you'll see something else such as "You've earned yourself 10 points, *pat on the back*".
    I mean, I guess but why.. It doesn't really provide anything but a different message and I don't think people really care about what it says so long as it tells them they're getting points

#4B Different Point Currency. This is part of the 4th suggestion. Instead of having it as points all the time, you should change the currency based on the season. Example: For Halloween, it should be something like "You have (amount of points) Spooky Points, Candies, Coins, Candy Corns" etc. I'm just thinking of these off the top of my head, it doesn't have to be one of these but it would be nice to have a change in the point system.
    I kinda like this idea. I'll be sure to look into this and see what kind of cool things we can think up for names of the points if we do decide we want to do this.

#5 Logs for chat and mics. There should be a log system that moderators can access to see who typed what and who said what. Now obviously I don't mean it will create a transcript of what everyone said (which would be awesome if possible), rather monitors the pitch and volume of each person speaking. For example, if there are lots of people talking at once and you're trying to distinguish who is mic spamming and who isn't then it will definitely be a difficult task. However, if you were to check a voice log system you'd be able to determine who is screaming and who isn't. It does sound like a difficult process, which is why I'm going to simply break it up.

- First, you need to make a custom log system that tracks the volume of each user and their pitch level
    - Second, implement it into a test server (an exact copy of our deathrun server)
    - Third, measure the level of a person talking at a normal level (calmly) and then work your way up to measure the level of a person screaming (mic spamming)
    - Fourth, establish a unit of measurement for each, example: When this pitch is about 1 inch high on the screen then it is _______ units loud which equal to a high pitch and/or high volume. If it is 0.2 inches tall on the screen then it is _____ units loud which equal to normal level
    - Lastly, test it out on the real server and if it holds up and is accurate for about a week or two then you've got your finish

Now this. Logging chat would be super easy to do, the voice is the thing that is difficult. As of now, there is not really an (easy) way to record voice of everyone and log it.
    I know you mention doing their pitch and such. I'm pretty sure this is possible since I've seen it in other voice addons where they have a bar for volume or something along those lines. Who knows, maybe some day we'll have our own custom voice thing.

THANKS FOR READING ME
    You're welcome :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Qaaap

You need to have a disclaimer telling you're recording people (Voice), I've read this somewhere. Otherwise you get legal trouble in certain countries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Katness

Katness *Rawr* Imma Kitty Kat! VIP

Everything we have right now is fine. These suggestions will just make more work for the developers who already work hard enough as it is.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Adrian Shephard

Deathrun East
    pains_facility_b... 12/40
    wow very pop
    dr is dead
    suggestion like this can repop it

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1