New Extended Rules

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Pacifist, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Pacifist

Pacifist Waa Waa Lead Admin VIP Bronze

2. scuffed water

scuffed water #TheScuffedFamily Lead Admin VIP Bronze

If you look to rule 1.2 under traitorous acts this has been altered. If a detective shoots at you with an intention to kill (determined to not be T-baiting and is actually trying to kill you), you may now kill them and not be at fault if you deal the first damage. The old rule that you could not shoot back at a detective until they damage you or if they had previously KOSed you was pretty wonky so we cleared that up.

3. Nathan776

Nathan776 VIP

Don't these 2 rules just contradict one another? I believe the taser still does 10 damage but I could be wrong.

1. Tasers: If a Detective tases you, you cannot kill them when you get up unless they repeatedly tase you or shoot (at) you.
    3. Detectives may be killed if they damage you (irregardless if there was a kos called or not).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  4. scuffed water

The fact that you cant kill detectives for tazing you plays out from the fact that you can only kill detectives in self defense. If a Detective tazes you, there is a solid 8 or so seconds on the ground (more or less its an estimate) where you are not in danger of them killing you. When you get back up, if they aren't still shooting at you then you aren't defending yourself. It is still RDM on the detectives part, but you cannot validly kill them for it.

5. Humancowcakes❄

Humancowcakes❄ Bestest Member #Freezomborg Moderator MVP

I mean when you can tazed, literally anybody can kill you by walking over your corpse

6. Nathan776

Nathan776 VIP

I understand the reasoning behind such a rule but as I said, both rules contradict one another and should be reworded to correct the such.

Also isn't 3 just largly pointless to begin with? It's literally just the same as 2? :
    2. You may kill a detective if they are shooting at you with an intention to kill.
    The only difference is 3 enables players more freedom to kill for crossfire etc. It also decides to point out that it doesn't matter if there was a kos, which surely is irrelevant information?

7. scuffed water

You’re right, the change to 1.2 does make 1.3 unnecessary i will go ahead and remove it.

8. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard Legendary

Better, but it could prove difficult for y'all to decide on every case whether the detective was t-baiting or has the intention to kill. I still think this needs to be examined further, but this is a step in the right direction. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MiGGo

MiGGo coolgamer VIP+

It should probably be reworded to "Intent to DAMAGE" and not intent to kill, since a Detective could just shoot a person to hurt them, not actually to kill them, in which case their intent wasnt to kill and the person killing them in self defence would by rule definition be RDMing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff VIP

Why is "Teleporter" under "Traitor-only" items when detectives can have em?

11. MiGGo

MiGGo coolgamer VIP+

Technically ur right but at this point it's basically established that teleporters are traitorous and changing it would probably only cause confusion.

12. Pacifist

Pacifist Waa Waa Lead Admin VIP Bronze

Yeah, we just list it as a traitorous item because it would be too confusing to determine whether they got it from a detective or from a traitor. Obviously it is toxic if you see the detective give it to someone and you still kill.