New Community Pool

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Etched, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

Any reason the T trap is a third of the damn map?

• Dumb x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. Joker

Joker The Clown Prince of Crime VIP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

Don't go there then? You have 2 other alternative paths to choose from, besides it's pretty easy to fake out due to the delay it has before activating after pressing the button.

4. Etched

Its still the simple fact of its a third of the map, with only 2 exits, players shouldn't have to avoid a third of the map at all times.

5. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

tbh, all versions of community pool has the same area as a one giant traitor trap so no matter what version of community pool you use, you'll still have to deal with this regardless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Etched

It used to just be a toilet area, this is a toilet, a locker room, another locker room, a small room by the end of the pool. This trap effects 4 different rooms that span a huge area.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I can see your point, but I doubt things will be changed...

8. Agent A

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I took screenshots of all community pool that we had on SGM and marked the area in red that the t trap covers.
    They all presented 2 other different routes to take instead of the t trap when traversing to the pool.
    The t trap is positioned in where it can disrupt people's ability to take the route that includes the t trap.
    While 2017 version does take a good amount of map space, they all take a good amount of map's space to the point that you can essentially block of a route/path for people to take.

So again, I reiterate that the community pool in any iteration will use the same area as one giant traitor trap whether it be water trap or not.
    Thus, no matter which community pool we pick, the problem that you point out is going to persist where the traitors can terrorize the innocents.

Edit: Fixed the screenshots.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  9. Agent A

Now with what I said is out of the way,
    1. 2017 takes up the lockers, showers, and restroom.
    2. OG takes up the shower/restroom hybrid.
    However, I want you do keep in mind the scale and size of each version of community pool differs when comparing each other.
    • For example, the OG community pool had bigger spawn area than 2017's.
    • Thus, rooms are going to be different size for each iteration of community pool.
    Furthermore, there is one more thing that we can't ignore: The basement aka the area where people go to get tested, thus I felt like you saying 1/3 was just an exaggeration to spark discussion.

Overall, the t trap takes up space that I would vaguely describe area the t trap covers the restrooms.
    If you want to complain an area taking a good chunk of space, you're going to find the problem in all version because the t trap is designed to deter people from using the route.
    To do that, the t trap ends up taking Male's bathroom route as the entire t trap area, which means a good chunk of area is "deathzone".

Not only that, I do want to point out something: The viewing when you're going to press the button.
    The OG community pool had view of the entire passage so the traitors know when somebody steps into the area.
    However, 2017 does not have this luxury.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, I want to talk about one last thing: T door, or rather the distance to the t door.
    Ignore the times I got stuck.
    However, I do want to point out the location where the t room door and teleporter takes you to.
    You are going have to walk a lot longer in 2017 than you need to in OG.
    However, I will acknowledge the fact that gaining entrance to t room in OG is a bit more riskier than 2017 because of line of sight/vision people will have.

Overall, I feel like you really failed to take into consideration of whole lot more than size of the community pool t trap takes up. I mean we haven't even look at other factors such as optimization and what not.

Edit: Duplicate video + screenshots; Forgot about Overhaul

Edit #2: To address Timo's point, the Overhaul did not have any water area of denial t trap, however, it makes up for much more t traps such as cutting the power out on entire women restroom section and pit trap in Men's restroom to delay people from getting where they need to reach. However, both overhaul and 2017 are in the map rotation, which is why I chose to compare between the OG and 2017 and see what's the difference because OG and 2017 are vastly more similar than OG and Overhaul in terms of layout of the map.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

Can you even flood the lockers on the overhaul?

11. The bathroom trap is part of what makes Community Pool so good. It is comparable to how the underground trap on 67th Way makes the map that much better. And it has been said, but you can just go through the women's room instead. It's risky to go in there, but you can often find traitors doing bad things.

I might be shilling the 2017 version because I helped the maker by finding bugs, but it is a really good map. It is also much more optimized than the other versions (that was the main reason the guy made the new version). It is one of the only maps where I could get decent frames with my old laptop that has an integrated graphics card. The only thing bad about it, IMO, is how big the spawn area is. It's narrow entrance and hedges make it a little too easy to camp.

As for Overhaul (made by the same guy), not really a fan of it. A little too confusing to get around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I'm a man so i've never really been in the woman's changing room but I like to imagine that all of them have water traps. :oops:

Not having one would make it wrong.

• Confusing Confusing x 1