Nerf the vanilla vanilla shotgun

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by BambiBreaker, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

u fucking can though

• Like Like x 1
  2. is only joke

I liked a previous suggestion that the shotgun should be kept the same close range but increase the spread long range. Or not changed at all.

3. Although it is an unpopular opinion (and read that it was only a joke), there really is a margin of truth to this. Rather, to most weapons. Unless hitboxes fail, most weapons on STTT you cannot combat (or if they miss). Taking the shotgun as an example, it frequently 1-hits players, unless you're at quite the distance, and has a relatively high fire rate for the amount of damage it deals, making it close to impossible (unless again, misses, or hitboxes) to beat. This can apply to most other weapons as well, such as the AK-47, where the recoil buff actually makes it more op since most people aim near the chest area and its recoil causes headshots to be frequent (which deal what I believe to be an unreasonable amount of damage for a game, 64 per hit, and about 30 per chest shot). Another example is the AAC Honeybadger, where its relatively silent to those not paying close attention (in otherwords, 95% of the server); it deals a high amount of damage with a high fire rate, with little chance of recovery unless one of the prev factors were in place. I'm not saying its easy to 'balance' a gun, however, I believe that polls and more testing on guns is a must, especially for a community such as this (where there are many players and donators keeping the server alive). What do I think should be done? Perhaps make it so the shotgun cannot 1 hit and instead do maybe 80 damage, or decrease the fire rate by a bit. Do I think anything will be done about it? Nope, I highly doubt anything will EVER be done about it. Its similar to the db case. Its extremely op, often 1 hits (but y'know, shitboxes), however, its never going to be removed, despite the amount of hate for it, although it has been nerfed since launch.

Conclusion/tl;dr:
    Life sucks, but most of us just have to put up with it. The end.

Edit: Ik this is also regarding vanilla, but the same applies with the ak as its there as well. Its just a general balancing thing

4. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

This thing urkes me on modded servers. +1 to the idea but make it only nerfed on modded.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Imo, Ill give a +1.

I feel its really strong, especially if you're a Traitor, You can easily take out 2-3 players in a room with it. Ofc you still need to be able to aim, but its a shotgun. Practice and accuracy don't matter nearly as much as when you're using a gun such as an AWP. Plus the range on the shotgun is crazy, damages people on the opposite side of dolls. Not much, but it does.

6. Its best to be done on both. Half-fixing a problem still leaves a problem

7. Braap

Braap Member

Yeah, I've killed a few people across the map in dolls with the shotgun. In fact it's pretty easy to kill people if you count the damage you do to them. BUT, instead of nerfing the shotgun, just buff every other gun to meet the shotguns standards.

Seriously, almost every other gun can kill in less than a second anyways if you aim correctly. Here is some math done with that chart that xpro made (ty):

Green= kills in less than 1 second with 5 missed shots, Yellow= kills in 1-3 seconds with 5 missed shots, Red= kills in more than 3 seconds with 5 missed shots
    The weapons are highlighted the same as xpro did, the missed shot calculations include the amount of shots needed to kill in the head plus the 5 missed shots (totally missed).
    The seconds to get that kill assume perfect accuracy/luck. Check any math if you want, I had to do some manual calculation for those guns that had missing info.

Left is mine, right is xpro chart that I used values from
    [​IMG]