Nerf the HK SL8

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Scrungy, Nov 11, 2020.

1. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

at least the sl8 actually uses skill to use unlike the ak

source: a dirty vanilla ak user

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

its balanced: if ur shit at aiming it isnt good

• Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  3. Just glitch your hitbox , i do it all the time when I'm against someone with a sl8 and better aim

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I got called “a less accurate Rice and Chicken” the other day and I live by that

Please don’t touch my SL8

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

First I want to thank Rice and Chicken for that amazing post. Now I want to add to his ideas:
    This is a big thing that comes with the argument to Nerf a Gun. You can ask @RyanHighman when I started to use the HK-SL8 I was dogshit with it and it was far from fun to use, but I put in the time in order to get better with the gun and that is exactly what happened. Also, if we cater to new players the older players will want to leave due to them feeling unfavored or even worked against. This comes up with the AK is Too OP argument where anyone can pick it up and mow people down with it making it the counter to this gun.

One of the main points that comes from donating on the servers is the Idea of a Loadout. For many servers that is the selling point on their ranks because people do not need to find their guns and can make sure they have what is comfortable to them at that time. I doubt that this gun would ever be removed from the loadout screen due to the sheer number of people who use it and the uprising that would occur from such action

Rice and Chicken said it best here - The DB and HK-SL8 are 2 completly different guns with different abilities that make them good - The Double Barrel allows anyone to just obliterate someones body with a close to mid range shot on them, while the HK-SL8 requires skill to build up to the accuracy and skill needed to hit good body and head shots.

Also my comment on this: With a suggestion we have the right to a +1 or a -1 and that is what I was saying there. I wanted to express that I do not agree with this suggestion but also wanted to have my reason why and that is because I love this gun and I have put in a lot of time to make myself better with it. You see it in games like R6 when their main gets nerfed and it errupts into a giant argument over why this has happened and it has a strong emotional charge behind something you put 100, 500, or 1k hours in.

Thank you for reading this :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

First, this is way better than just "i wove my hk sl8" because you actually go in depth into my arguments and this is what I was looking for from people that disagree so thank you for that.
    Second, you've brought up things i didn't think about, like; how it would cause more of an uproar from older players, and how this would have punished players from being good and whatnot.

I'm not really in a solid state of mind right now to depth and respond to all of your arguments but what I would say is that I still think the sl8 is too op and we as a community should try to come up with a plan to balance the weapons more.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

8. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

delay the shots

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Lower the fire rate you mean? Or slow down the bullet speed?

10. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

lower the fire rate

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

I really don't think just because it's the meta means it deserves a nerf. Of course it's good, but it does have a high skill ceiling, and that's its limiting factor. That's my problem with this post - - you can't fairly compare weapons to the skillset of a brand new player because then you've got the easiest weapons and nothing else. Rice and Chicken said it already, every game has their 'OP' weapon. Not even mentioning the AK/M4, what about the autos in CS? Those are arguably worse than the sl8. Way lower skill ceiling.

I hate the sl8, think it's waaaaaay too try hard and really not fun at all to use, but if there's an argument for nerfing the sl8, this ain't it chief.

12. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

Well rice decided to actually put effort into this thread, but he is right. I never seen anyone do good with the hk-sl8 besides a couple of people anyways, what's to complain about a couple of good players?. Am I missing something or are you guys just dying from better players than you?

As far as I know recently, only Rice, Aquast, Dolphy, and me have been able to consistently headshot with the SL8. Plus I don't think any of us actually tryhard in gmod. We play more laid back and mess around, so we die often.

Nerfing the HK would not affect players like them in the slightest unless you make the SL8 inaccurate, but making it inaccurate would just be killing that gun, leaving another weapon to take its place.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

add a fuck load of recoil so it doesn't kick like a .22 LR

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

At this time, the HK-SL8 is the SGM TTT equivalent of the G3SG/1 from CS:GO.

In my opinion, this gun currently needs at the very least a rate of fire nerf, plus an increase in either spread or recoil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

Quite the opposite actually. G3SG1 in csgo has a very low skill gap and is very rarely used at all on the higher levels of competition. It's not viable against the AWP, which the opposite team should have in a full buy round, and it's not worth it against SMGs as they can easily get a jump on you with good utility usage. The only times I've ever really seen the autosniper being used in pro level is on T-Side Dust 2, wallbanging the mid doors in the start of the round (this happens pretty much only in the last rounds when the team has a lot of money to spare). You can't really compare the two, as CS:GO and TTT are two very different games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I haven't played this game in 3 years and have less than 100 hours on modded servers and even I can tell you this gun doesn't need to be nerfed.

Just get better at the game, if it's nerfed the vacuum will be filled with another weapon and then you'll peepeepoopoo about that gun. I thought this place learned its lesson after the huge gun overhaul that went awry. The staff here aren't game devs nothing will ever be properly or remotely balanced based on your suggestions someone else's or the staff's suggestions. To top it off not all game devs even know how to handle their games so throwing shit at a wall and seeing if it sticks is a waste of time.

If you're here for balanced guns when the point of this community is to ensure people follow the rules of the game then I think you're in the wrong place.

Also literally didn't read anything in here you just don't need to balance guns in a gmod server I am very bored. I suggest not getting forum banned too that seems like the more pressing matter here.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 1