Name origin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Indy226, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

So for all y'all, where did your name come from .

For me. When i made my account on steam my dad suggested i use a proper name but not something like xD24s. So i chose indy after my dog indy who died along time ago. 226 was just for numbers.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Maro Lupus

Maro Lupus I don't know what to make this VIP

I've gone through some names but I'll stick to my current. This one is more recent of just a couple years.

Maro = Brown
    Lupus = Wolf

Brown Wolf :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Already mentioned this a fair bit ago, but the name Agent Knockout comes from an abbreviation of the capital letters in it, A and K, forming AK...you can guess where this is going. *Avtomat Kalashnikov Firing Noises and the USSR and Eastern Europe anthems intensify*

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

My real name is Savannah and someone once said ´savannahbanana´
    I liked the name so I kept it :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

I swear a thread like this existed before...

Anyways, many wondered about mine lol..

My name originates from an old game (Ultima Online), Specifically referring to an infamous murderer/pker through the years.
    Let me tell ya. He was one ruthless guy, but still got along with everyone. (Though he made more enemies than friends)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

My real name is Daniel and my friends call me Danny. One day one of my friends started calling me dadly out of nowhere and it stuck

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

It started when my brother showed me VOCA-LOID when I was much younger.
    I was a simple Child, But it was way better than my name before that.... KirbyFan But heck I have stuck with Voca for I dont know how many years now, before I even played Gmod for the first time 6 years ago o.o

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

Ok, so back in the old days, Most of us kids didn't have internet or computers, so we went to the library to play games, I ended up having a flash drive and downloaded CS1.6 on it, downloaded a bunch of maps, and then made my own installer for it. While playing, I was making fuck on everyone, to the point where they weren't allowing me to have certain weapons or items. And even still I was winning. Best friend ends up saying: "Ooh, look at me, I'm so good, I'm Mr. 7-Minute Wonder" and it's stuck ever since because I love it. Much more original.

9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

So in the military, when you're deployed with a team as a medic, most people call you Doc. So that's the first part.

The second is from generations of my family. My grandpa would tell stories to the kids that when you saw a fox it was a relative that had passed away; he heard the same from his parents. The fox has become a symbol of our family since the origin of that story. Which is how I came up with Fox.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. Kyuu

Kyuu The True Trap of SGM VIP

In a manga I read years and years ago the main character when she was surprised she always said "Kyun" and I thought it was adorable sooooo I just removed the n and replaced it with u to make "Kyuu"

Nothing too interesting, but it's my story for my name anyway

• Like Like x 1
  11. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

dog noises

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  12. Maro Lupus

What kind of dog..

13. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

Y'all never know

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  14. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

@Maro Lupus How dare you rate my very traumatic and emotional origin story dumb

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. sschipres

sschipres VIP

sschipres = Sarah shcripres

(that's it)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Maro Lupus

bite me

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

lmao xbox gave me the username HorarySaturn816
    I kept steam username as that too, then cut off the 816, then just cut it down to Saturnity

• Like Like x 1
  18. Racerboy

Racerboy VIP

Grew up racing go-karts, watching F1/Indy/Stock Cars/Motocross, and all-around love working on car projects.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

I called my dog a Scrungo and then I thought Scrungy would be a dumbass nickname so I decide to make my internet fursona Garfield the Cat but Guy Fieri and then out of no where people called me a faggot

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

You know a thing or two about mechanics?