my take on red dead 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hongo, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

I think Rockstar put 95% of their effort onto
    - Environment / atmosphere / graphics
    - Character writing and NPC behavior / voices
    - Sound Effects

And 5% of their effort into
    - Customization
    - Camera Angles and game controls (fucking auto aim? really? disgusting.)
    Also with Camera angles, you can't even rotate Arthur when in wardrobe; you fucking cant even see the back of your outfit when making it. wow. garbage.

And finally, with Rockstars wonderfully awful gunplay, trying to play this game without a crosshair is literally impossible because you cant aim down sights with certain weapons. Which is a shame, because playing without a crosshair is quite immersive and i enjoy it.

Beautiful game, wonderful characters, but the mechanics... trash.

2. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Rockstar games always have auto aim lol

3. Hongo

Hongo VIP

because theyre lazy bastards who havent updated their mechanics in literally 15 years

4. Wolfy53

Wolfy53 VIP

Yeah, the way they make their games makes it very difficult for regular players to aim and actually hit stuff. Don't get me wrong, RDR2 is one of the most visually stunning and well thought out games i have seen as far as story and characters goes but the engine used for the game is struggling. Just like the engine used for The last few Fallout games. How much do you wanna bet that The Elder Scrolls 6 will use the same engine they have been using?

5. food

food VIP

I'd give it an 8/10. It could have been a perfect score if they fixed the mechanics, but i think it was still worth the wait and fun to play, and in the end, isn't that all that matters?

6. Wolfy53

Wolfy53 VIP

If you don't feel like you wasted money on it then it was a good game