My smoking journey

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Elvis, May 22, 2020.

1. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Day 2 of being on 3 nic. I had more urges to take a smoke break while at work but kept it to a max of 3 for a 7 hour shift. The throat hit thing is still bothering me, but not as bad as I had thought it would. Im making a day 2 update because I just caught myself vaping for the last few minutes back to back. I didnt even realize until I had ran out of juice in my squonk and thought "wait how many hit did i just take?". Im going to try to go as long as I can without filling up my squonk bottle to see how i can do. In all honesty itll probably be an hour or two at most but itll be progress.

Yeah dude thats why I'm making a day 2 update. It was like second nature to just sit at my pc watching YT and continuously vape. Its how I used to do it before I decided to stop. Hopefully I can catch myself earlier next time

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Elvis

As of 9 PM EST I am officially on zero nic vape juice! One thing that I am going to have to get used to, is the feeling of no throat hit. It feels like im not inhaling anything and thats going to mess with me and I have a feeling like that im going to be vaping a bunch more. I am honestly fine with that at this point. Regardless of how much I vape with the zero nic ill be fine. I just dont want to eventually get addicted to the vape rather than the nic.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I've honestly had dreams about vaping something for at least 2 nights since I quit a few weeks back. Saw an ad for a juul for 8 bucks the other day and had to resist buying it.

Even when you quit, the feeling will never really go away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

@Elvis 1 month update? What's the journey so far? Have you regressed or continued to progress forward towards your goal of quitting?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Elvis

I honestly forgot about this. Gonna keep updating as I go now that I remembered.

It was going well for a while. I was on 3 nic for a week, moved to 0 nic and I’ve been on it ever since. However about 2 weeks into using 0 nic I had a cig from a friend, which turned to a few a day, which turned to a pack a day again. I knew what I was doing but at the time I didn’t care cause I have a lot of irl issues going on that I didn’t really have the strength nor the patience to deal with. Another buddy of mine realized how bad it got for me again so he’s been helping me out by keeping my mind occupied throughout the day by talking to me or texting me and stuff. It’s been a week since I’ve had a cig and haven’t had any nic but I’m still vaping 0 nic just to take the edge off if I get a craving.

tl;dr I had a big relapse that I’m not proud of but I’m back on track now.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Way to go. You're doing great. Keep with it.

7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

all i have to say is remember to brush your teeth, i am in a similar smoking situation as you are and almost my whole friend group is as well. or more prominent smoker of the group recently had to lose 7 teeth at once, on top of the other teeth hes lost over the years to smoking cigs/weed, and as a result has stopped so now all the homies are tryna slow down and switch to vaping