My Second Rant On a Shitty Coworker

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Wojack, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

Oh boy, my coworkers are at it again! If you haven't read my first rant from about a month ago, check that out as well.

So as some background, there is a really lazy girl that I work with (we'll call her Kate, not her real name.) She stops working to act like she's cleaning the counters next to the soda machines just to get drinks when it's busy, randomly disappears to do who knows what, and just has a bad work ethic and a lack of professionalism (even though it's just a movie theater all of these should still apply, it is a job after all).

So today she texts me asking if I can take her shift for today. She has asked me repeatedly to take her shifts, but she always asks the DAY OF, which is so frustrating and unprofessional that it makes my skin crawl. I'd be happy to take a shift (more hours=more money) but on the day of, I already have plans made, or I just don't want to work when being notified of working that very day. On top of that annoyance, I have a huge senior project that I had to work on today, and if I don't do it up to my teacher's high expectations, I don't pass the class, and therefore I cannot graduate high school. This also would have been the best day for me to work on it, because I am working all weekend, and the project is due Monday. Sure, maybe I shouldn't have procrastinated, but fuck, I'm only human. ON TOP OF THAT, there was a party for the coworkers today that I was going to attend before going home and working on the project, which was actually pretty fun.

Anyway, she was begging me for an hour for me to take her shift, she literally said she'd do ANYTHING (she even wrote it like that...) because she had a hair appointment today for her prom... WAIT WHAT THE FUCK. Okay, if her appointment was that fucking important, she would have requested the day off, which takes literally less than 3 minutes to do online, OR NOT SCHEDULED IT ON A DAY SHE WORKS, OR EVEN FUCKING BETTER ASKED SOMEONE TO COVER IT A WEEK AGO WHEN THE SCHEDULE WAS SENT OUT.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I fucking despise some people. Did she think that her fucking hair appointment was more important than my graduating? Obviously. Is she a lazy twat with no professionalism? Hell yes. Can she get fired for calling off today (idk what the outcome of her situation was, but idgaf) because she was the only one scheduled to do her job? Idk, but I really hope so. Would she have sucked me off for taking the shift, I mean shit, she said anything!? YES!!! Do I care about any of these? FUCKING FUCK NO!

TL;DR: FUCK THIS 300 POUND MONSTER WHO IS THIRSTY FOR MY DICK AND DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO NOT SCHEDULE SHIT SO HER SHIT DOESN'T CONFLICT, I HOPE SHE GETS FIRED.

2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Your schedule is online? I wish mine was. We get our schedule 2 days after three work week starts for the week the schedule is for

3. Wojack

Damn that's rough, we get ours emailed 2 days before the work week

4. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Have you spoke with management, yet..?

5. Don't hold it in. You are not there to cover for her. Just a couple of No will go a long way to help you work according to your comfort

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wojack

Its not really their problem, people always try to get shifts covered and you only need to talk to them if it ends up getting taken.

7. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

c'est la vie

• Agree Agree x 3