My intuition is telling me they´ll be better days

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Kyül, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

So, here we are.
    Ive been thinking of writing a farewell for a while. I didn't make one when I resigned from my mod spot since I really didn't see a need for it. But seeing my circulation around SGM decay in the last weeks and my absolute lack of interest on Gmod, I think its the time to finally make one.

Just a heads up, this is gonna be a pretty long post, and way more personal than what I normally show off.
    And before we start: have some tunes. (personal playlist of some goodies)
    Or, have an OG Cole comp and one of my fav songs from him:
    So, I started playing on STTT back in July last year and I immediately got a drive for the servers. I joined the forums in September and liked the environment very much. Now, at that time I was called Kyle the Penguin and I was just a random micspamming troll is most people´s eyes. Not blaming anybody but myself tbh, because I was at a point where I didn't really care what people in a random Gmod community thought about me or my actions, so that's all I gave off. I ended up liking a lot of people in SGM and my affection towards the community started growing, but my troll stigma made it very hard to interact normally with everybody who knew me from before. This is something id end up regretting for a while as you can imagine.

And that impression has remained on so many people until now even. First impressions are hard to wash off. But to those who believe it or care, ive never really been like that. I am very outspoken and edgy, but im not looking to make anybody´s day miserable. And its actually funny how being so outspoken has gotten me in quite a bit of trouble in my time here, especially regarding staff decisions and bias, but that's not something I actually need to touch on here or anywhere really.

Nevertheless, I have grown close to a lot of people here and have had some very cherished experiences in my time. Man, just from hanging on TS with friends to when we had an MC server and was always telling staff and devs how to improve shit that never worked, to becoming a moderator and seeing the community in a different way, to being here writing a farewell.

Before I continue, id like to address this to anybody who had to experience a negative side of me in the time ive been here: I am really sorry. I wish things would've gone differently.

This isnt meant to be a dramatic farewell or an "ill be back in 2 weeks but need some attention in the meantime" kinda thing. My presence around here is just and will be so tiny that I just wanna say anything I have to say in one post and let everybody interested know what I think. You'll see me from time to time in SB perhaps, but I believe given how active I was in the past its a big step down I wanted to address for once. Im really just interested in other stuff atm and trying to center more on how I can earn and live my life from now on.

Theres really so many people id like to tag for how much they've affected my time here and me personally. Ill just drop a few to follow the trend. If you weren't tagged, I either told you what needed to be said privately, or there is a reason why I didn't in the first place.
    @Mr. Disco Pat, youre the first person I thought of. Take that as what it is bro.
    @Pacifist You know you have my respect and I consider you a homie. Keep in touch man.
    @Toest Send nudes
    @Orion What happened? I miss ya man
    @Grim Lets talk more bro, and lets meet up and blow a tree next time you go to Germany.
    @FRENCH TOAST Youre cool I guess.
    @Trevor Youre a dumb horny 15 but you know youre a homie when youre not trying to impress everybody. Get your shit straight nigga.
    @Atlas Respect.
    @Jobel Ich mag keine Schokolade, und bestimmt ned Toblerone.
    @Melon Maniac Lustig wie ich dich voll behindert fand. Du bist ein geiler typ, kannst mich immer auf steam finden.
    @Python Once toxic always toxic smh. PUBG ye?
    @Togo I respect real niggas.
    @andrewca79 Thanks for giving me a chance man. Youre a nice dude.
    @Rauno Thanks for all the training n shit and the fact that youre a walking meme.
    @Husky Murder Gang
    @Juissi :D Awesome voice awesome dude PUBG ye?
    @AnarkisT I told you this once but its so true ill say it again: Youve always been nice and cared, even if sometimes that comes off as you being a total dickhead. And I appreciate that.
    @HelixSpiral and @Theinkern How much youve grown. I remember sitting a lot on TS and rambling about dumb shit with you guys when you were still mods. Keep trying to improve the community. And Helix, thanks for all the advice, always appreciated the time you took.
    @Destiny Blade Walking meme. Try to be real tho Scotty, losing that could hurt ya in the future. But I appreciate you man.
    @SASSY IMOUTO Thanks for the talks JJ. I hope we can keep in touch more. Youre cool.
    @Savage-nyan How can someone be so good at a fucking game jesus christ? BTW Toxic stay away pls
    @Rose♥ Weeb.
    @Slap Stay real Gay Shaggy
    @wink Youre a nice guy. Was hard for me to find out at first.
    @tay and @SplinterBee Step up the meme game
    @Robokiller87 I dont have to agree with what you say to see that youre a smart guy. I respect that.
    @Timo654 Dont be a fake fuck nigga and talk to me more <3
    @Silly Keep following dreams and inspiration. Never give it up.
    @shitposterV21 much needed balance to the community imo
    @MiGGo Just an overall Legend
    @Smusha I like man, and respect that youre outspoken.
    @Mikochan❣ Real nigga
    @idk this is off the top of my head if I forgot someone important sorry but who cares really

Im not dead thought, youll see me from time to time in SB and you can message me to hang anytime on steam. So anyways, thank you all for the awesome memories, and I hope at some point I have contributed to one of your memories. One thing I want to say tho, is I think we take a gaming community too seriously, and that sometimes makes things bland and boring. I understand we are called Serious Gmod, but cmon sometimes its just full on ridiculous. Thats all, I don't mean any negativity really, just my humble opinion.

So to just make a huge TL;DR
    Thank you guys. For everything. Ive enjoyed spending my time in SGM so much, and I hope someday something will drive me to be more active. Until then, stay safe and stay real.

Kyle

• Friendly Friendly x 25
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

Take care my man.
    I'll see you round the forums until you finally come back.

Damn pirates always come back.

You never finished my signature either S M H

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Good luck in with whatever you do in the future dude :)

4. Jaysu

Jaysu BAMF VIP

When I first saw you on SGM, I never thought that we would be friends.

You know where to hit me up for cringe, retarded and random shit.
    Cya.

5. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

I made you butthurt once
    but you're alright

cya

6. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

im tagged cool

anyways cya :)

7. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

You were aight

8. It was fun,
    See you soon.

9. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Wait what, since when am I a walking meme? o_O

Cya!

10. n0blerone

n0blerone VIP

Take care you beautiful bastard.

Fuck you Toblerone is best :(

11. Koishi

Koishi Killer Queen VIP

WHY CAN'T I GO ANYWHERE ON THE FORUMS

also where the fuck is my tag

(EDIT : actually nevermind i dont agree with the reason of one of the people you tagged so id rather not be tagged)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Same, I feel left out of the forums and this farewell at the same time

13. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I'll miss you dude. Thanks for everything, and thanks for being a friend.

• Like Like x 1
  14. .shirt

.shirt VIP

; [ I don't get a tag, bit that's fine I'll miss you fam.

15. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

Cya nigga

16. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

Farewell Kyle, you were a great mod. Good luck with your future endeavours.

PS: Let me know when that special project is ready ;)

17. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

love u

18. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

i didn't know u were a troll like me before
    Good bye my friend

19. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

we are homies. hmu if I forget haha

20. Dr.Death

Dr.Death VIP Silver