My (horrible) suggestion on how to fix the gun balance

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Spreadsheet, Aug 23, 2020.

?

this shitty idea

1. horrible

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. maybe

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Whenever i hop on the forums or the servers , some people wont shut up about the weapons inbalance.

So i've come up with a (shitty) solution on how fix this problem for once and for all .

LET'S CHANGE THE WEAPONS STATS TO BE SIMILAR WITH THE ONES IN CS: S

Vanilla TTT uses weapons from CS: S , so why not use the same weapons stats

Firerate , damage , recoil and accuracy

Whats your thoughts on my idea ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. i'm not 100% serious with this suggestion

3. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Bro I can never play when I get on anymore +1

4. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

ok

5. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

6. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

I mean the main reason weapon balances don't get done is because editing the each guns stats is a pain in the ass, also I don't know if the CSS weapon stats are actually out there anywhere? Like exact numbers so unless you can produce the good then we outa luck

Tbh I'd be happy to sit there and edit the stats then send the complete file to highwon if we can come up with stats that work/people want

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Chad

Chad Banned VIP

No it's not, it would literally take 15 seconds. The gun frameworks are based on tttbase so they're really not that complicated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

For once I agree with Chad. That shit is easy as fuck. The reason it isn't done is likely because weapon balancing is literally a lose lose situation. You nerf a gun people like you get shit on, you buff a weapon people don't like you get shit on.

Second of all, it would be pretty difficult to recreate CS:confused: weapons in Gmod for the simple reason that the gun bases are different. I'm pretty sure Gmod's code is setup for Half Life weapons, which are pretty standard shooty in the straight line kinda guns, though i'm sure that if you wanted to you could painstakingly edit all the weapons to be like CS:confused: if you really wanted to.

Personally? Not in favor. I like it when my guns shoot straight. In what fucking universe do bullets go left? I always hated that about those games. People say "aw it is so realistic" like no motherfucker it is not realistic. Sure, if you were a dumbfuck normie you'd probably spray the bullets, but a trained counter terrorist unit? Godamn it give me a fucking break.

basically ye no I like being able to hit the shit I shoot at :)