Muting Players

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Thumped, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumped

Thumped Member

I know there are currently 3 ways to mute people (as a non-staff member).

Individually (mute someone(s) 1 by 1).
    Global Terrorist Mute (living players muted) as a spectator
    OR
    Global Spectator Mute (dead players) as a spectator.

I am suggesting is:...

GLOBAL Mute. Mute all players (dead or alive) as a spectator.
    Also suggesting the ability to globally mute players while alive?

2. Meta4

Meta4 VIP

+1 to global mute as a spectator, but NO WAY IN HELL for global mute as living. Playing the game within parameters is already enough of a struggle. If someone relies on mic based communication or does not know how to use the chat or binds, and based on chat is all you can do, that makes a disadvantage and sets up staff for COUNTLESS reports based on miscommunication. Global mute as living is a loophole to RDM and then have an excuse nobody can prove other than the player who initiated the mute themselves.

3. Thumped

Thumped Member

While I agree with what you are saying Meta, I also feel as though it should be left up to each individual whether or not they want to set themself at a disadvantage my global muting while alive. I myself often play with music playing (i am a head phones user). Some times i rather not hear peoples over VOIP. I often end up mass muting people individually. Yes this give me disadvantage, but if I die because of it, oh well. Thats my own fault.

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Press Esc, go to options, select voice options, turn down the voice receive meter all the way, and viola. lol

5. Thumped

Thumped Member

And mango solves the problem without adding fun features. BOOOOOO! xD

6. Snak

Snak Banned

no point in adding in a feature that isen't needed, features cost room on the server and room on the server causes lag, adding unneeded material isen't required if theres a simple solution as mangotango has provided.

7. ComPeter

ComPeter VIP

This is the solution.

Suggestion Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.