[Mute All] Settings Option

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by The Law, Sep 12, 2018.

?

Would you use this [Mute All] option if added?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

[MUTE ALL] SUGGESTION
    There are those of us who will tab out upon death to occupy our time while waiting for the round to end. Whether it be watching videos, viewing the forums, doing ... homework (or at least that's what we tell ourselves right?), etc. There is a general annoyance with this process in that we must manually mute all spectators and living players (by pressing F2 multiple times), and typically spectate fly out of the map boundaries to reduce game sounds. It's a process to do this each time, and I thought it sure would be nice to have an option in the settings that automatically muted the game sounds and voice chat upon death. There is already an option to auto mute alive players when dead, so why not add a more extensive mute option for those of us who tab out.

Suggestion: Add a check box option in the F1 settings menu for muting both ingame sounds and alive/spectator voice chat upon death. (And once the round is over, the round ending sound plays, and voice/game volume is automatically enabled again).

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I usually just alt+tab when needed and it mutes it, dunno if you play fullscreen windowed because that might be your issue

That or mute it in windows settings ;)

-1 as I don't see it being important enough to be worked on over other things that could be added :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

The results of your poll might be a bit misleading, as staff members don't get to enjoy a quiet gmod, since we always try to listen to whatsw going on.

I personally wouldn't use it, but I imagine that this would be very useful for some players.

But as @Humancowcakes mentioned, iirc there's an option in the options menu where you can choose if gmod pauses sound upon focus loss. You might wanna check that out and see if it does anything for you.
    Not sure if it works with equally well with fullscreen and windowed mode, but I play in borderless and it works just fine. Even though I have this disabled at the moment, it always worked for me. Tab out - muted. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Unfortunately that's impossible - at least for game world sounds. These are handled by the engine and are inaccessible from lua as far as I'm aware.
    As Teroxa said however, there is an option in the game's sound settings to mute the game when it's minimized. It does exactly what you're describing here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

bind kp_multiply "volume 0; voice_scale 0"

bind kp_slash "volume .6; voice scale. 8"

your mileage may very, get your volume values before changing them arbitrarily

• Like Like x 2
  6. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

@Teroxa and @Humancowcakes that mute on alt-tab option also mutes the end round cue sound, so you have no idea when a new round has started, that's not a feasible solution for me. But thanks for the suggestion.

@Titan Your suggestion is a partial solution I suppose. I'll just be using the Voice scale bind, and not the game volume bind, because again same issue, you can't hear the end round cue sound. Thanks for your suggestion.

@Opalium Thanks for the response, I suppose we can lock this up then if this idea isn't possible.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Locked upon OP's request.

Message a Staff Member if you would like to re-open this thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.