Denied Mr. Rogers Alt's Appeal

Discussion in 'Shoutbox Ban Appeals' started by Mr. Rogers Alt, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forum Nickname:
    Mr. Rogers
    Ban Type:
    Forums
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I should be unbanned (or at least, the ban shouldn't be as long as 1 month) because I find that the actions I've taken did not warrant the punishment I received in any way.

From what I've been told by the leads, and from what I understand, the main reason behind my ban was this argument I had with Brahma, and I'm assuming the one month length part is some sort of "I have toxic history" deal.

I wish to dispute that, because on the forums what I've been doing as of late is simply posting the usual "edgy content" that I do that isn't really against the rules as much as some people just don't have a liking to it. The edgy content that I'm referring to are mostly jokes involving deathrun and minecraft because I particularly find them to be funny. If that's what was a major factor in deciding my "toxic history" or whatever was come up with to determine my ban length to be one month, that's kind of ridiculous.

If this was not taken into account, I can only think of two instances as of recent where I displayed "toxic behavior" and harassed a user. The first of these instances being in shoutbox I told guilty or popstar (I really can't remember who) to "fuck off" or something because he was budding in somewhere he didn't need to. I was warned for this in shoutbox, and I stopped harassing. I figured that was the end of that situation, nobody formally warned me on the forums, and I received no message from any Administrator stating that I was close to a ban, nothing of the sort.

Fast forward to a week or so later, I reply to Brahma with a mean spirited reply in the "SGM Couples" thread made by Python due to the fact that I could tell he was being mean spirited himself. I can get into the details of this manner if it's found necessary, but I don't think the reason behind the drama itself is relevant to my appeal. If it is for whatever reason, I don't have a problem discussing it.

We proceed to have an argument in the thread, and @Robokiller87 puts an end to it saying something along the lines of "get the thread back on track." (He said something funnier and more lighthearted but that's essentially the main message of the post he made).

Again, I figured that was the end of that. I went to play league and forgot about the hole thing until I actually check back to see that I'm banned. I find out that I was given a warning point and banned for the reply I made to Brahma..... for a month. For two completely isolated instances of harassment (or toxicity if that's what we're going to call it, either way it doesn't matter) it seems a bit much to forum ban me at all in my opinion, and for a month at that considering I have no warning points under my name and I wasn't informed of how what I was saying was being taken. Nobody bothered to ask me anything about either of the situations I was involved in, and assumed that I was just being a toxic dickhead to be a toxic dickhead.

I have fun on these forums, it's a nice place to chill and meme with the people who know I'm fucking around. I admit fault in harassing brahma and whoever that staff member was, but those instances were isolated and I really don't know why I was banned for a month for this.

To add on to that, there's obvious hatred between the two parties involved in these instances, and the fact that one side is seen as completely innocent and the victim baffles me as there's so many signs that point to that not being the case at all.

In addition, if the standard that I am held to as a user is to not make or laugh at jokes or comments at someone else's expense, Staff Members partaking in either laughing at or making these jokes is rather hypocritical as they should be held to a higher standard. Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I've seen stuff like this happen among the staff team numerous times, and no I don't have screenshots of all of these, and I think this serves just fine as I merely aim to give an example of the behavior I've seen certain staff members display in regards to users who are banned.

My final point is that, I've seen people get away with a lot worse than what I've done without any sort of ban what so ever, they could have been warned, I don't know and it doesn't concern me. My point is that I was banned for something I said that a user with similar "history" to mine has not not received a ban for, and I wish to know why that's the case as well.

*If there's any slight errors of misinformation in what I said, it's simply because I obviously can't be expected to remember exact details of every situation. I'm not attempting to lie to anyone, I feel like I have to make this disclaimer with how me and other users similar to myself have been treated.​
    Related Evidence:
    It's all in my explanation.

Also on my main account can be seen to have no forum, and no inbox warnings about anything. How am I expected to know to stop doing something if I don't know what I'm doing is being taken as completely toxic and ban worthy? ​

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. Tagging @Highwon himself to review this Appeal as I've been told by Falcor he lead a discussion on the manner of this ban and came to this decision with whoever he discussed it with, so I feel he's the most appropriate person to make the verdict.

3. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

The length of the ban was discussed internally with the administration and decided jointly. You know how that works given your tenure here as admin. Appeal Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.