Moving away from minecraft theme.

Discussion in 'Vanilla Discussion' started by DisCHQ, Mar 1, 2017.

1. DisCHQ

DisCHQ Member

I wanted to poll opinions on the idea of getting rid of the minecraft only theme. I love vannila but I find the map pool so lacking. (I miss the source textures alot.)

So please post your thoughts below.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

It's Vanilla so it's only MC. You can play on the modded servers if you don't like the MC theme or want different maps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

You are always welcome to suggest more maps! You can even build them in minecraft yourself then send them to me and I will (eventually) get around to it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

+1
    but then nobody has the textures soo

+0.5 ± 0.1

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. DisCHQ

DisCHQ Member

The main problem I have with server 1 is that its flooded with mods that tbh I hate. (playermodels broken weapons that mess with balance etc.).
    But I take it the problem with adding source maps that you have to own source based games to get the textures? And thats why its a minecraft theme?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Correct.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DisCHQ

DisCHQ Member

With building them do you mean creating the full map (Everything completed so all you need to do is add it to rotation) or just the exported map from minecraft.

8. Skyrossm

Just the map from Minecraft, then a list of where you would like the tester, T rooms, secret knife, etc.
    I won't promise it will get added or even seen into a TTT map because there is a limit to the size (MC_67thway was pushing it) and also making a non-laggy map is quite hard (ex. Don't have open spaces because they create lag etc.)

Here's a list of the allowed blocks btw, if it's not on here then you can ask me and I'll see if it can be added.
    https://puu.sh/rT1ht/a284e43ba6.txt

• Like Like x 1
  9. DisCHQ

DisCHQ Member

I guess the size limit constrain is the BRUSH limit of 8192 that you run into. Also what do you use for exporting SourceCraft?.

10. Skyrossm

Yes I use sourcecraft, but I go through the map and try to cleanup a lot of the brushes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1