More Night Mods

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by s1rcool, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fateburn

fateburn 自分のためが VIP

He changed his app at the day I picked him up, I didn't even know that, his previous app said he could do night shift lol.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Sora

Sora S-Senpai notice m-me! VIP

So this is pretty much the problem. As Event (or whoever) said there are only about 60 apps. 10 of those apps are for night time. But what if those 10 apps aren't good? Then bam, no night staff.

sTTT only takes the very best of the best. :sneaky:

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

It's not wise. If they aren't suitable under normal conditions, then they suitable.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

GG night players like me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

This thread is literally starting to scream i play at night and have an application up, please pick me! Not a smart way to self promote.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. qsawz

qsawz VIP

CARNED HOW DID YOU KNOW

7. s1rcool

I'm not promoting myself in anyway. This is about having more mods for a more enjoyable gameplay in the servers. If you think I did this thread to promote myself then you're wrong. Please do not make assumptions.

8. s1rcool

To be polite, please do not just make assumptions on any action a person does.

9. Sora

Sora S-Senpai notice m-me! VIP

You can't just "make" more night mods. There need to be people who are available for the job, and currently there aren't. There isn't a cloning machine either. Staff is fully aware that the night section is a little lacking in staff members, but there aren't people who are up to the job. "But there are 60 people applying!" Well, only 10 of them are night staff applications. And probably only 1-3 of them are actually good applications. I pretty much repeated what everyone said.

This thread is pointless.

10. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

I believe a weak staff member is still better than the otherwise lack of them. Also, why not give everyone a chance? I mean, that's what trial mod is for. As of now, I think tmod is incredibly useless. You're just another player with a special title and nothing else, other than the fact that you can view the reports manager and feel even more useless at the fact that you can't do shit other than take screenies. Imo not everything can be held in the applicant's app or his/her reputation among the community. I mean, there are people everyone hates/make lies about but are actually doing what's best for the community.

tl;dr Give all applicants tmod and observe how they work that way; they couldn't do shit anyways

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Our system works perfectly, and the T mod isn't just a "title", but a tool to observe reports and learn the massive and complex ruling system under the moderator that is present. As a trial mod the only thing you should be concerned with is showing the other staff that you can apply the ruling you have learned. Also, we don't necessarily need an applicant to know the ruling when they start in the trial phase, because learning the ruling is exactly why we have a trial phase. And if you are referring "weak mods" to promoting staff a lot quicker, then I disagree with you. Imagine a "weak mod" giving out 8 week bans because he doesn't understand the ruling that he thinks he does. It would be nothing but disastrous.

Trust me when I say this, we try our best to look out for the community.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  12. Red

Exactly, your reputation doesn't mean everything, you just need to show that you understand what you're doing and that you can apply it correctly. The fact that the trial phase is the learning phase means that the best way to know whether you are qualified is through testing if you can learn that shit.
    A weak mod wouldn't dish out 8 week bans if he got to be full mod. That would mean he passed the tmod phase and was deemed worthy of full mod, which means he knows not to do that shit.
    I know that, but there are always two sides of the coin and we should look into both to see what's best for the community. I was a mod so I understand your situation fully.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Knowing the ruling is only a part of what makes an applicant stand out, that's why it's not necessary.

Then what would a "weak mod" do? They wouldn't be able to effectively moderate then.

We do value the opinion of our community, but we don't always agree. And, yes, there are always two sides of the coin which is why we look for all viable options.

14. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Also, I think I understand what you're trying to get at. You are implying that we should make everyone a trial and see who stands out, correct? If so, then you must understand as a former mod yourself that knowing the ruling is a small part in what makes an applicant stand out.

15. Red

While that is true, it would help a bit in our current lack of nightmods. I'm not saying it's a perfect solution, but it is a solution nonetheless, albeit very crude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

The problem is that it will only create issues, and not solve them. If we gave moderating powers to a player instantly based on the sole reason that they know the ruling, what stops them from slaying an entire server, and what about gagging random players because they felt like it? That is an example of a disastrous situation that could occur if we put what you wanted into effect, and it is far from being a possible solution. The personality of an applicant is one of the biggest deciders if they are effective for a mod position, we need a staff member who can handle conflicts and be 100% mature and attentive.

17. Red

If they knew the ruling, then yes, nothing stops them from doing what you said. But to become full mod, you need to show that you understand the ruling and that you are worthy of full mod. We have very experienced admins that can tell whether the person they are testing will go aboose their powers as soon as it is given to then or if that person will actually use it correctly.

18. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Then I don't understand what you're trying to get at, because that's exactly why we watch over our applicants.

19. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

This is why we have a trial phase, and you referred earlier that you wanted "weak mods". What point are you trying to make exactly?

And if it's to promote trials quicker, then no. That isn't enough time to judge a trial if he can perform as a moderator.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  20. Red

I'm just saying, admins can easily weed out baddies from the group. By "weak" I'm not necessarily saying they're badmins but are below the ordinary standards of STTT but can be trained to become decent mods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.