More Mod Slots.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Robyn, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Title.

I was thinking like another lead to separate Night from EU, and have graze be night lead and noob(or someone else) be eu lead or something. Would add 1 new eu admin and 2 nights and 1 day.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    • Disagree x 4
    • Dumb x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Why?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

Why do you feel this is necessary?

• Old Old x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Robyn

Quite often there are times that there are not mods on.

There could be a 4th lead...

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. DarkMage

DarkMage VIP

lol no

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Husky

How many slots? Where do you find these slots? I am open to the idea but just saying refer to the title isn't enough for me. I don't see it helping.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Husky

Bro we can't just make that work
    It's like solving the economy by printing more money

• Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Not really sure what the downsides of an expansion of the moderator team could be. Although, the teams aren't even full as is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

No it's not. Printing more money makes the other money less valuable (layman, many other reasons). Accepting new moderators or expanding the team, generates more coverage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Robyn

Lol wut. How can you correlate these two.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  11. Husky

You can't just pile on more mods they all would need to fill the time frame necessary

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Robyn

But we can. Lol what is the problem with more mods who can do what they need to?

13. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

You may think that there are some points in the day where there are full servers with no staff on them, and thats true. But consider that there's always a mod on duty on most parts of the day. The lead administration didn't downsize the teams for anything. (if I remember correctly, we had 10 day staff teams, 2 Night and 3 EU across 3 Leads.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

How do we support 4 new teams. This suggestion would mean we now have 21 more staff spots to fill. The idea of having more staff is a good one, but I think that having a total of 64 mods is overwhelming. Right now the staffing problems stem from having too many mods who have the same hours that they tend to play on, leaving other hours understaffed. Overall right now we're doing really really well with server activity when players are higher in number, better than we have for almost the last year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Robyn

Why not add an extra lead?

16. Robyn

Woah. I think you miscounted lol. Hold on.

EDIT: No you counted correctly. I didn’t know I said 4 teams. However more night teams would be nice. Have one day lead have 3 admins and an eu lead have 3, and night have 4. Just add 2. Night teams. That seems to be our weakest point in staffing.

17. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

We just let pmods go, which may be a potential explanation for some gaps in coverage you may be feeling. I wouldn't worry, readjustment shouldn't take too long; we always have the forum reports section in the event you encounter and get evidence for unruly players on a staffless server.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Robyn

No. Even while pmods were a thing There were lots of gaps... It has been like this for a while. (Lots or gaps with no staff present)

19. Robyn

Going back to what Graze said, I feel like once everything begins to settle down and the teams fill up, Then slowly slots could be opened.

20. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

I get where you are comming from with the idea of having more moderators, truth be told even if we did have more teams and more moderators you would still experience the gap in coverage. I am a day mod who staffs mainly in the night hours because of my work and my life but there are those times where even in the night with mods going outside of their designated slot of time that there will be coverage issues. We have nearly a full staff team as it stands and night positions are hard enough to fill as it is. Time zones make this rather difficult as the community grows being that the time allocations are based on PST Us for every slot outside of EU someone who may think they fall under Night times in EST do not because of the three hour difference. When i first applied most of my play time was between 10pm-6am est, you would think that this would make me night qualified well it does not. From my pov I have 6 night hours and 2 day hours but in reality i have 5 day hours and 3 night hours due to the time zone change.

Long story short is that night spots are hard to full by definition. Adding 11 more staff to this category would be a tough challenge, albeit the way we have the system now works and adding more could be beneficial once everything is smoothed out, there is simply not the need to add more teams to the night when the deffinition of night staffing includes maybe 6 hours that have populated servers that are not EU and at that it is 1-2 servers that have people actively playing on them

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1