More active ways to get points

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Python~, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I know there have been several suggestions on this topic already, however, I wanted to make this thread to converge all the suggestions into one

Basically, playing the game is cool and all, but passive points means that someone who is AFK in spec mode on a server gets the same amount of points in 3 hours as someone actually playing the game
    Sure, there may be a few fun rounds squeezed in there, but for the most part, the points earned are identical
    The only other way to earn points not from just being in the server, is by the lottery

So, how can points be earned actively rather than passively?
    There is no reason at least one of these suggestions can't be implemented

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

could encourage rdm
    unfair due to popups
    just a bad idea to have gambling
    would def encourage rdm
    would def encourage rdm
    agree
    agree
    disagree

so i agree with achievements which wouldnt be added cause lots of code, and more fun rounds.

3. Python~

For the "would encourage RDM" argument, how exactly? If you kill your own teammate, the less likely your team will be to win, and more likely you are to be killed, therefore less chances to earn points
    If this really is such a problem, killing members of your team can counteract the points you gain for killing members of the other team. Though, this wouldn't account for what is RDM and what is not, and would complicate things
    Of course, you don't know for sure until we test any of it.

"Bad idea to have gambling". But we have a lottery? The same lottery you've made millions of points off of? Not really sure what your point is (no pun intended).

Dunno why you disagree with earning more points over time. It just encourages players to play for longer, therefore keeping the population of the server up

Also you want achievements to be added, but those could cause just as much RDM as the other 3 suggestions you claim would cause RDM

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

+1 I already have everything and I mostly just point farm but it would be nice to be able to get point with other methods.

5. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

The betting system could lead to ghosting and RDM, Achievements leading to RDM is not true as it could be achievements that doesn't just involve killing others or have such a big number to get that nobody would willingly rdm that much for points. Most of the options you give increase the chance of RDM and points are really not worth it if it can make the experience worse.

I am for Achievements tho.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  6. Python~

Give me one achievement where the "it can cause more RDM" argument can't be used

7. bonus points for every map you don't get slain

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Something like win a round without taking any damage or achievement that while could cause RDM doesn't make sense like get 100 hs because i highly doubt people will rdm 100 times to get some points. Or to play on each server for a certain amount of time in one go or in total(which again would give points while doing this so double win)

9. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

+1 - No idea how this could cause rdm, lol
    +0 could cause people to hide and camp in an effort to get end game points
    +1 no reason why not
    +1 Would encourage people to actually play the game rather than dick around
    +1 rewards skilled players
    +1 Absolutely yes
    +1 You know how much i've dreamed of this (even if you didn't link my suggestion ew))
    +1 yup

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  10. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

yes please I am poor since the christmas event

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. um some inno can rdm which results in them winning and thus winning more points. (just clearing any confusion you might have about Python's idea nothing else)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Why don't innos just RDM now to win the round? Because the chances of them being correct is low so they don't bother.

Who'd take a slay for a few extra points when as Pythons ideas suggest you'd get more points by playing the rounds? The ideas together help eliminate any small chances of RDM.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  13. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Frankly some people are completely overestimating point values, to think people would RDM/lose a round just to get like 10 points.
    The only bigger thing(worth cheating for) would be betting if you could get bet +thousands of points, could be solved by betting only low amount of points.

Achievement system is imo the best thing to go for if done well, could encourage a lot of different play.
    For example:
    Would just encourage the run n gun everyone down you meet if implemented for Ts as well. Obviously not 100% bad thing but I would prefer if other gamestyles would be encouraged too.

Nothing against both being implemented though, but I assume at some point regulars could have "too many" extra points that they have nothing to do with them if too many reward ideas are added.

+1 to the idea of adding one of the things Python listed though, doesnt hurt to have extra reason(s) to try.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Python~

I'm gonna bump this seeing as how the points for fun rounds are disabled, leading for the only way to get points is by AFKing on the server for several hours

15. actually would be pretty useful, if they would even add it

16. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

-1 since it involves editing code/ changes the game

but +1 if that wasn't an issue

• Like Like x 1
  17. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Give everyone every unlock by default

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Python~

Even if this suggestion went through, upgrades still take hundreds of hours to get, especially if you can't get points thru fun rounds.
    If you're so worried about the upgrade cost, we can always increase the amount they cost.

Edit: 20k points takes an entire week (168 hours). That's enough to buy one or two upgrades

19. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

20. Lady Cloudia

Lady Cloudia VIP Silver

All of this is good but will it be implemented?

• Disagree Disagree x 1