More action.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Scrungy, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

I want more action from the higher ups, add more shit as like a demo, try suggestions instead of immediately rejecting them to see the community's reaction and judge it from there. If you add a bunch of shit that people don't like, remove it, if people liked that shit, add it back.
    Imo this would make interest in the community much stronger and if highwon was more involved in the community we would all love that too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Also increase the encouragement of suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

It's been suggested a few times, including by myself, that we have a public test server where the community can try various suggestions out to see how people feel about them when implemented.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Yea, a big problem with this community is it's stubbornness to try out new ideas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. man is speaking the truth.

I get that the leads test stuff and whatever but honestly let the people who play try it out and actually see community feedback.

its one thing to see a suggestion but testing it is very different

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

The bigger issue is the lack of developers. If we had 20-30 devs roaming around doing all the work you guys want to see we could do more with the community.

Sadly we do not have that privilege.

So instead of doing all idea's we have to select what idea's are perfect.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

blame highwon

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

In that case, let me crack out my old Lua textbooks :sneaky:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. PwnageKO

PwnageKO "I'll be seeing you on the forums." VIP

I honestly think if there was an easy and open line of communication for the players to have input with immediate back-and-forth feedback from the leads/The Big Cheese this community could become truly incredible. Not to say that they do not already do a really job. Of all the servers I have played on in the past or communities I have been in, this community is by far the best. But this is also why I think we have the potential to be even better.

As of right now, and correct me if anyone thinks otherwise, I feel like the cycle of suggestions goes along the lines of someone suggests an idea, it gets a few responses, and its momentum either dwindles out or, if it's something the community REALLY wants changed (like the Frag Storm Fix), it eventually gets implemented with enough push. I don't know off the top of my head typing this what a better system would be, but I know there could always be room for improvement.

I also understand fully the issue with having a lack of developers and how tedious it must be to carry out these changes. The most I know myself about coding was from a practical computing class for bio majors and all we used was shit like R and UNIX, and I fucking hated it. So, to anyone who has the knowhow and ability to do this type of shit, fucking power to you. So, if this is the limiting factor in us getting more ideas implemented, I am in the dark on how we can best address it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

If we want a ttt server to be better than others and be a community that has something to come back to, feedback is a start. All I know is that I keep coming back here because of some form of Stockholm syndrome and nothing else.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Oh and boredom.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

I actually wrote about this a little while ago in some detail. I've seen communities go from their peak to dead because they stagnated and stopped evolving. Garry's Mod changes a lot, especially compared to other games. DarkRP is nothing like it was 5 years ago, and servers died because they didn't want to change.

Some ideas are easier than others to implement. Having no developer (rip pixel) is quite the hindrance, but it's not an end all be all. If everything goes right with a pre-made addon, alls you gotta do is drag and drop in an FTP client. Not always this easy though.

A really good suggestion is hard to come by. I've just combed the suggestions, I didn't spend a long time, but I didn't particularly notice anything extraordinarily exceptional..

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Imagine not having a Developer in November 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

There hasn't been an accepted skin since feb 2017. Hmmmmmmmm

15. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Go through the suggestions that don't have a verdict and see if it should be implemented, for example; my buffed Newton launcher suggestion that died.

16. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Imo the community is at a huge risk of dieing if something doesn't happen, the bad rap SGM gets for its overly strict mods are one thing but negligence is another.

• Like Like x 1
  17. slug

slug Bronze

The community is already dead, it only comes back to life whenever I'm online

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

This is a dumb post.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Why not do a trial and error type deal?

20. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

so you see, I'm good at lua and.....