Rejected Mods/admins enforcing name rules that don't exist

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by IAmGiygas, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

Talking isn't in the rules, neither is breathing.

Those are both done. Your argument is invalid.

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

I'm saying that you should assume. I should've been more detailed in my statement apparently. Now, how about this? You should assume that it shouldn't be done IF no one else does it.

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

No harassment is already enforced.

You see, we here at STTT like to be proactive when enforcing rules like this. If a player would have came online named Rainbow Dash, it would seem that we were not doing anything about your harassing name. It would be the same if someone had taken out Rainbow Dash and made it, "Field_Sweeper's Crust Cunt." Why should I let it get to that point when there are players online who already see it as a problem? It is a demeaning and disgusting phrase.

We shouldn't have to put, "You should think about how your actions affect other players" into our community standards. We are going to believe that you have enough social and situational awareness to know better.

The reason it is accepted on a meme website and not here is because this isn't a meme website.

4. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

Nobody seemed to have a problem with my name when I was actually playing. Also, it may not be a meme website but there sure are a lot of memes used.

5. DocFox

And if memes are inappropriate, they are removed. Just because no one had a problem with it when you were playing does not mean someone can't come online and actually have a problem with it when you are AFK. Just because you aren't there does not mean that you can't be held accountable for things like that.

6. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

Also, by the logic of someone's name being offensive, couldn't anyone be an absolute asshole and change their name and claim to be offended?

Can't ANYTHING be considered offensive? What's the point of it all if SOMEBODY is going to claim to be offended even if you simply say "Hi"?

7. DocFox

So you are saying that you have no clue why having the term "cunt" in your name isn't offensive, derogatory, and sexual harassment toward women? Like I said, consider this: YOUR NAME WAS CAUSING SUCH A PROBLEM THAT IT WAS TAKING AWAY THE CORE GAMEPLAY OF TTT. Why would I allow an AFK who is here to point farm have a name that can be considered harassment, take away from the players that are actually there to play the game of TTT.

Just because it is something in your steam profile that you have prior to coming in game, does not mean that you won't be held responsible for what is found there; such as a profile picture or name.

8. DocFox

I am going to lock this as you have clearly refused to understand and conform with the community standards.

9. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

One thing to add - it's called preventative maintenance. Just because no one was expressed anything about someone's actions doesn't mean they will, if there's a large possibility someone could get offended and leave, we want to prevent that. Our job as a staff member is preventative maintenance. Our job isn't just cleaning up the mess. If there's an RDMer, sure we have to clean up the mess but we all prevent it from happing, at least for a while, by slaying them. That's just one example.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.