Modifying Mass RDM

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Pacifist, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Fenrir Lokison

Fenrir Lokison Banned VIP+

+1
    But i personally think that there should be 2 types of rdm:
    1) The accidental rdm (always 1 slay)
    2) blatant rdm

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

accidental rdm is already a slay unless forgivesness is used which mods can also now use their own discretion for in certain conditions

blatant rdm is handled differently too in cases where its used to harass somebody

anyway I was always a fan of this idea but while we are on the topic of rdm punishment...

what about 2nd offence? can that not be 2 slays regardless of the round? currently its 2 slays if its second offence in a separate round but why? why not just make it 2 slays even in same round?

3. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I agree with this. 1 slay per rdm is more than enough.

4. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

I don't think he meant that as 1 slay per RDM but rather if you get 2 invalid kills in the same round it would be 3 slays, one for the first offense and two more for the second offense. Would be interesting to see.

5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

These suggestions may be considered internally in the future. Try to focus on the main proposal please!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

I dig it

7. Hashira

Hashira VIP

+1

8. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

9. A good amount of the time, rdm + leave bans are completely intentional. Most commonly because one player kills another for a valid reason, the other player thinks its invalid, and then kills the first player out of spite and leaves the server. Other cases include chaotic server hoppers, sometimes players dont understand rdm or the rules and leave without knowing (even though the RDM manager has a notice), trolling by rdm, etc.

One day from one of five servers for those who are evading punishments is a bit too lenient. One day bans really mean nothing to somebody who leaves the server. A 5 day ban allows to actually see the punishment that they had been administered.

Though, I wouldn't mind if players were banned a few extra days on top of the normal 5 days for rdm and leave based on how many people they unjustly killed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Haha nice leak :)

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  11. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

RDM with no staff punishments should also be brought back. People who think they can get away with RDM because there are no mods should be punished harsher.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Only way I can see this somewhat working, is if it's obvious intentional mass rdm.

Otherwise people might get longer bans for a few accidental rdms

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Most people who intentionally RDM without staff almost always say "no mods, no rules". They're pretty obvious about it and collecting evidence for it isn't hard either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

This thread is not for secondary suggestions, only the main one.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

While I hesitate on redefining the offense of Mass RDM to be 4 RDMs instead of 3, I do insist that people who commit multiple Mass RDMs receive increasing punishments for their actions.

+1

16. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

They do-

Mass RDM 1st Offense, 5 days
    Mass RDM 2nd Offense, 2 weeks
    Mass RDM 3rd Offense 4 Weeks

And so on... I would agree with you, though, that it should stay at 3 kills and not 4 for "Mass RDM."

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  17. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

By what I can see here, here, and here there is no information present regarding multiple Mass RDM offenses. This is why I worded my previous post so strongly.

Could you possibly show me where you're getting that information from?

18. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

As seen here, Paci suggests changing Mass RDM punishment to what I said above. I think he meant just changing the main rules page to say that that's the punishment for Mass RDM because in my entire time as a mod that was the punishment for stacking Mass RDM offenses.

19. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

You mean you or other staff banned people for Mass RDM (2nd offense) and such when you were a mod?
    Because I'm pretty sure that's just not something that happened/happens at all...

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

+1, I definitely think 3 rdms = ban is too little, spoken as someone who has a mass rdm ban for the same reason.