Modify to RDM x3 without staff punishment protocol to a 1 day ban

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by john redcorn, Jan 6, 2020.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Thought about the change and I mostly agree with it expect in the case a kid ends up with six slays rather than a ban.

That’s more or less acceptable when there’s a staff member on since they can explain and monitor them serving six slays even though it is excessive , but I think it’s super duper excessive when there isn’t a staff member around to explain/monitor them serving the slays

I think this will cause punished players joining and disconnnecting due to the punishment looking ridiculously excessive. Combine that with the fact a staff member can’t ban them for leaving with those slays on them without knowing how exactly they earned makes it feel a ban would be actually more lenient in this case.

2. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Alternatively, could do 1 slay per RDM w/o staff on, then at Mass RDM 4 you just ban like normal

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I'm looking at changing the way we handle slays to mitigate this kind of thing from happening. My idea is to just give the ammount of slays for how many people were rdmed, but keep the offense time in the back of your head. If you RDM three people in three rounds you are on your third offense, but you get three slays in total. No more, no less. Thoughts?

EDIT: Just to clarify, what I am essentially saying is that if a staff member has two rdm reports from two different rounds they would just consider them to be apart of the same round and determine which offense they are on based on how many slays they have served within the SOL of 12 rounds (about two maps)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020