Moderators/Administrators locking random topics?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Cupcake Mayhem, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

So I was looking through the forums and I saw that this topic was locked viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3337 IMO no off topic posts should be locked (exept for some exceptions) but really someone unlock that and find out who locked it.

2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

It was locked because someone brought it from the grave. It was an on-topic post, though so I personally wouldn't have locked it. It's also a good idea to reply "topic locked" if you lock a topic.

3. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

If you would've looked closely that thread was revived from the dead (necromancy, posting in a thread that no longer holds any discussion value) from Dec. 22nd to about Jan. 26th I think it was. They didn't say who locked it and why but I believe they were in the right to lock it.

4. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

But who cares/ Why does it matter someone wanted to post their pokemon team let them.

5. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

i unlocked it because it is an off topic and people actually talk about pokemon frequently XD

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

There should be no reason to lock an off-topic discussion that stays on the thread's original topic.

7. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

The thread should never have been locked.

This is the rule on gravedigging:
    "Gravedigging - replying to an old thread that is irrelevant now (old applications, old ban appeals, old suggestions, etc)"

The Pokemon thread isn't really "irrelevant", it's nature isn't to be relevant. If someone had replied to it with an off-topic reply that would be a separate warning.

8. ComPeter

ComPeter VIP

Off Topic Discussions exists to talk about things already irrevelant to the server no matter how old it becomes. As long as no one replies with spam, it should never be locked. Instead of making a new off topic thread, they simply continued a discussion that is relevant to it's own forum section.

Example's of topics you should not gravedig:

- Staff Applications from people who have left the community
    - Approved/Expired Ban Appeals
    - Approved/Declined Suggestions
    - Any other topics you do not wish to reply with relevant, sincere comments.

9. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I just wanted to add, it's possible for you to gravedig an off-topic post.

For example, if someone had posted 3 months ago about, say, a 1-week event. And someone replies to it saying they're sad they missed out. Since that thread is no longer relevant, it would be gravedigging.

10. Slippery

Slippery VIP

oooooo kill em.

11. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I'm going to go ahead and lock this topic =P